OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that looks intimidating im looking at the hydros sustem but im closely following you because im curious as to the learning curve on your setup. YOU GOT THIS!!!
thanks. I think the learning curve is gonna be a steep one lol's. On this whole beast of a tank! :eek:

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got more stuff figured out lol's. Like the apex ato tubing is not long enough so ordered longer. Same with the DOS I'll use for the awc. So found a place that sells colored lines by the foot. Also ordered a reactor.

I work full days Fri and Sat. so not much will get done. Sun is going to be nuts. I need to clear the tables holding the rock scape out so will move my hutch (on the credenza) temporairly to the dining room floor. Cats will like lol's. Rock scape will go on credenze so the fish tank set up folk can pop those scapes into the tank.

Also going to get foam core and command picture hangers to temp mount all equipment and put against the wall while I'm programming etc. But for the day of the tank, I'm unplugging all apex. Will get all equipment into the tank/sump first and dialed in, and then we'll get the control panels in and equip. mounted. Then I can hook each piece up 1 at a time and make sure it is working (expect lots of groans and swearing at that point)

So still have my game plan. Will order the starboard for bottom of tank this week, and decide on my heaters. Hubby needs to fine tune some outlets, finish the monster water change project and make a hole from Laundry room to office. I need to get all my tubing/cables in so he know how big.

I'll be a my dau's next week most of next week playing with grandson who just started walking (eek, need to pack) , so that leaves me 3 weekends!!! Yes, that is indeed panic you all hear in my voice!!!!

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the way your project is moving I suspect once all the components are ready to go getting it all together will go quickly!
boy, I sure hope so. Wish I could do the controller boards and just pop them in lols but even knowing the measurements, hubby says no way. Has to have cabinet here first lol's. Told him I'm painting the wood as soon as the marine black paint gets here--end of next week and then we just have to cut to size. He's against that too but my tank lol's. Then it is just touch up on the raw edges!

The amt of wires is a bit staggering which is why I'm trying to organize them so it will be easy to get them into the tank! Every single cord/cable is getting labeled!

Got in my 3 bottles of fritz, bio spira and 1 other bottle bacteria. I won't prob. really need as I'll have some seasoned rock in the display and more in the sump, but I want to move fish over within a couple days of set up

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ONE MONTH TO GO!!! So dang excited!!!! And yeah, overwhelmed and stressed lol's

Got my reacter ordered, an inkbird controller with heat and cool (to hvae a fan running) and more bits and dosing lines for the awc and ato. Waiting on dimensions for the starboard and have to figure out the diy parts for a tank cover. Hubby figured out where the studs are on my wall for the light fixture. Now to order tv mounting arms. So things moving.

Hubby has the board designed, laid out for the ardurino control box for the mixing station done. Machined the box today. Got parts in. Fanciest and most ruthlessly controlled water station

20210906_222906.jpg
20210906_222928.jpg

Rockscape. 3 smaller rocks represent Rhodactis, paly, gsp rocks. A zoa island seasoning in my current tank
20210905_134606.jpg

Me letting my rocks flip the bird at my nasty, awful neighbor who likes to spy, stalk, intimidate and harass me and my dogs. Rocks are ready to go from here into the tank. Getting room ready

20210905_184706.jpg

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! I think the idea of specific islands makes total sense for future care as well, I’m hype for you!
thanks. trying to map out where new corals will go as well as keep certain corals contained!

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been nearly a year since I rebooted my 125g and finally except for some cyano, the tank is looking good and corals are doing good. 2 sps's and some new lps's have survived to be added to this new build!

And for the first time, my no3 is at 5 and my po4 is at .05

So dang happy about that. Dosing nopox daily and rotating weekly with vibrant and microbacteria. Will probably continue with new once there are nutrients in tank, but as I'll be adding all my fish and feeding, that means right away lol's

Will think about whether to keep up with the weekly/biweekly vibrant and microbacteria. I don't want to let algae gain a foothold again!!

Have bio spira, fritz and dr tims bacteria to start new tank. The days are marching past fast. Spent a week with my dau now to get my equipment ready to go and start on the ato and awc. waiting on some tubing still.

Ordered the starboard to put on bottom of tank (keep rocks from causing pressure points. also ordered my reactor for the rowaphos. Need to order that. And see if I can do 2 medias in the reactor. Like carbon and rowaphos

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello, corals look great,controllers... :oops: WOW...nice...;)
yep bumped again, been sorta crazy here too...
back now...yep you got this...:)

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, corals look great,controllers... :oops: WOW...nice...;)
yep bumped again, been sorta crazy here too...
back now...yep you got this...:)
lol's. Need to get back to your build too!!

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, an update on my fancy water mix station: the controller box my hubby is designing. PC board going on order. Box is looking good--all done from scratch! Looks professional! Will be nice to have auto RO

20210913_224915.jpg
20210913_224926.jpg
20210913_224937.jpg
20210913_224946.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Okay, an update on my fancy water mix station: the controller box my hubby is designing. PC board going on order. Box is looking good--all done from scratch! Looks professional! Will be nice to have auto RO

20210913_224915.jpg
20210913_224926.jpg
20210913_224937.jpg
20210913_224946.jpg
WOW,this is completely made by hubby ??
slap a patent stamp over them pics quick... ;) :cool:

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW,this is completely made by hubby ??
slap a patent stamp over them pics quick... ;) :cool:
Lol's. He'd share. But without the schmatics and software etc. the pics won't do anyone any good lol's. Did I mention he is a design engineer :)

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update: to say not much changed lol's. 2 weeks from tomorrow!! And still so mu ch to do and plan! I did do a temporary mount of my equipment so I can just plug and play. We'll do a real mounting after tank is in. Trying to figure out how much diy screen mesh kits to order so we can get that done immediately after the tank arrives. Can't move my fish until I have it in place.

Working on the apex. Have tons of stuff to read and absorb and fisure this out. Most of my equip. can't be controlled by the apex except to turn on and off, and feed modes. I don't work tomorrow so will work on setting up the awc. Also need to start making saltwater, and taking saltwater out of my current tank for the new. Will use pumps to keep it circulated and also mix a bit of new with the old.

20210917_135546.jpg

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was starting to wonder what was going on!
lol's. Mostly just playing the wait game! also working to keep old tank going. It is doing the best it has ever done now. Want those corals nice and strong and healthy for the move!! Just found a spot the tiny frogspawn frag seems to like. Blastos might survive. Will move them over last to give them more time to recover. Waiting to hear from BRS on what to order for the diy screen lid. The feed doors are out of stock, so need those. Might just go to home depot and get some egg crate for a temp lid if need be. Last resort though as that will block light.

I have a feeling these last 2 weeks will be hard! Even though the list of To Do's is still long...

OP
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goal this weekend is to finish the water change station. Hubby is working on the box to turn things on and shut them down in event of water on floor and has to write the software (a major project he designed). My goal for him is to finish the plumbing so I can start filling brutes and making enough water for the tank. Figure I need at least 200 gal!

Next goal is to run the tubing/cables from garage into laundry room and through wall into office so I can set up the sump come Oct. 6th!! Along with this is changing out a few outlets and sealing one up.

lol's but my goals and his don't always mesh!! I'm working all weekend so hope I can get finished what I need finished!

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome build thread! Took a two nights to fully catch up but glad I did! It’s awesome that your husband fully supports you! I did have a question are you using the Red Sea doser for Auto water change or the DOS. I thought I read you bought the DOS but don’t remember seeing it. I’m also thinking of buying the Red Sea doser! Looks awesome I read it’s not good for auto water changes that’s the reason I was asking. Awesome build wish nothing but the best for you and your husband!

Back