OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: filter came in after lights out but looks like it should fit. Mixing up additional water now because I'll need to add more to account for the added volume & I'll give it a try tomorrow if I have time. He sleeps in way later than I do so I'm sure I can do it before we leave for brunch & beach. It's our anniversary - we were going to go kayaking but, concussion still says no heavy activity without headaches :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set up, fits... BUT everything is in the back panel so idk if it'll help with the surface buildup issue.. Going to let it run while we're at brunch and see what happens. Saving the box in case amazon gets to have it back.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: filter came in after lights out but looks like it should fit. Mixing up additional water now because I'll need to add more to account for the added volume & I'll give it a try tomorrow if I have time. He sleeps in way later than I do so I'm sure I can do it before we leave for brunch & beach. It's our anniversary - we were going to go kayaking but, concussion still says no heavy activity without headaches :rolleyes:
Congrats on the anniversary. I hope it’s a fun filled day.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the anniversary. I hope it’s a fun filled day.
Thanks!! We went to brunch, than I took a nap. We were going to go to the beach today but the weather is questionable so we're saving it for later in the week.

Surface of the tank looks clear! Just have to watch the temp & how the corals react. I would like to switch the lid out for an acrylic & screen eventually but because of the rounded corners in the front it'll have to be custom made.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!! We went to brunch, than I took a nap. We were going to go to the beach today but the weather is questionable so we're saving it for later in the week.

Surface of the tank looks clear! Just have to watch the temp & how the corals react. I would like to switch the lid out for an acrylic & screen eventually but because of the rounded corners in the front it'll have to be custom made.
Awesome on both fronts.

How long have you guys been married.

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome on both fronts.

How long have you guys been married.
Married 4 years. Together 11 I think we figured out.

We used to celebrate our marriage anniversary at Renn Fest each year but with the pandemic & filth of that scene they wisely postponed it this year. The weather this weekend would have been perfect though.

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, this is awesome! I had an idea that I shared with someone, and it WORKED!!! @danieyella, I'm new to this whole reefing thing (I'm sure you know) and this is a very exciting thing for me! I've already got my Enabling Badge, and now I have my Being Helpful Badge!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm not gonna lie, this is awesome! I had an idea that I shared with someone, and it WORKED!!! @danieyella, I'm new to this whole reefing thing (I'm sure you know) and this is a very exciting thing for me! I've already got my Enabling Badge, and now I have my Being Helpful Badge!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious
Well Done Congratulations GIF by America's Got Talent

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So thankful! Just have to keep an eye on the tank temp & my acros to make sure they don't get stressed. It looks like I might need to run the regular pump as well *or* I'm thinking about if I can move the powerhead to work better with it for flow (that would be ideal)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HMMnn....how do we make a "baby" chiller?? you did say hubby was a moonshiner right?? :p :)
moonshine GIF by IFC
shining tv series GIF
wine shay mountain GIF by Outsiders

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HMMnn....how do we make a "baby" chiller?? you did say hubby was a moonshiner right?? :p :)
moonshine GIF by IFC
shining tv series GIF
wine shay mountain GIF by Outsiders
Lol hubby has a family history of moonshining in tenn. But he personally only does beer brewing.

I think once I get the lid situation sorted out it will help with some heat dispersion. Maybe rig a few PC fans in the cabinet....

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned off the original circulation pump overnight and temp dropped a little from where it was with both on... So far no bad reaction to temp increase overall. Fingers crossed

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original circulation pump/return pump thingy has been disconnected since the other night. Temp seems to be stable though a little higher than I would ideally like. Evaporation is higher, of course. I'll just fill a water bottle with rodi and top off with my morning moonshiner dailies. No noticeable problems with turning off that other pump though, so I'll probably yank it and just let the tidal do it's job.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.1%
Back