OP
danieyella

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger tank talk: My gorgonian source is back in stock & it's time to supplement the snail portion of the cuc a bit (between hermits and I suspect the marine betta, they've been starting to dwindle)... looks like it's time to hopefully get a couple common rfas as well ::fingers crossed::

Pico talk: I've been trying to think about what to do with Buddha, and I think I might try to get a red macro to grow in/near his lap when I place this order...

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pico talk: I've been trying to think about what to do with Buddha, and I think I might try to get a red macro to grow in/near his lap when I place this order...
That would look so sweet
looks like it's time to hopefully get a couple common rfas
Jealous. I can't find common rfas

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Frigus Reef I got that tiny powerhead and I *I think* it's going to work just fine if I direct it at a space in the rock instead of into open water. I have it on the slowest frequency and lowest setting. Right now it has kicked up EVERYTHING that can possibly be in the tank but it's starting to filter out (I changed the floss 1x already and am prepared to change it multiple times if needed).

@sfin52 I just ordered 2 commons from gulf coast ecosystems, I will post photos as soon as they arrive so we all know what we're looking at with them

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Frigus Reef I got that tiny powerhead and I *I think* it's going to work just fine if I direct it at a space in the rock instead of into open water. I have it on the slowest frequency and lowest setting. Right now it has kicked up EVERYTHING that can possibly be in the tank but it's starting to filter out (I changed the floss 1x already and am prepared to change it multiple times if needed).

@sfin52 I just ordered 2 commons from gulf coast ecosystems, I will post photos as soon as they arrive so we all know what we're looking at with them
Sweet! When I first got it I was amazed at everything it kicked up... the Gorgs had a happy time XD

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! When I first got it I was amazed at everything it kicked up... the Gorgs had a happy time XD
Yeah I just got home and changed the filter floss again because it's gross. Water is finally looking clear again though.

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, he's not going anywhere.
Does he have a name? I’m just gonna refer to him as Homie G until I know. Are you going to clothe Homie G in corals? I personally think Homie G would look stunning with RFA slippers and an Acan sombrero

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he have a name? I’m just gonna refer to him as Homie G until I know. Are you going to clothe Homie G in corals? I personally think Homie G would look stunning with RFA slippers and an Acan sombrero
I've just been calling him little Buddha.... lol

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is so clear this morning. Clearer than it was prior to adding the powerhead for sure. I think it kicked everything buried and settled in the rock out.

Time for some photo spam (forgive Buddha, the snails don't seem to want to clean him, I'll be adding a small hermit later this week or next)

First up: minimaxi with my shrimps
PXL_20210111_150817465.jpg

Stick forest, and a few zoas
PXL_20210111_150825751.jpg

Some mushrooms
PXL_20210111_150807120.jpg

Full tank, with my blenny out front and center as well!
PXL_20210111_150857501.jpg

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is so clear this morning. Clearer than it was prior to adding the powerhead for sure. I think it kicked everything buried and settled in the rock out.

Time for some photo spam (forgive Buddha, the snails don't seem to want to clean him, I'll be adding a small hermit later this week or next)

First up: minimaxi with my shrimps
PXL_20210111_150817465.jpg

Stick forest, and the watermelon chalice and a few zoas
PXL_20210111_150825751.jpg

Some mushrooms
PXL_20210111_150807120.jpg

Full tank, with my blenny out front and center as well!
PXL_20210111_150857501.jpg
Gorgous. Whats the zoas in thre foreground. I love the color

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your mini max has some great color and adds so much to the tank. Mini max in the lap of little B?
That was the original plan when I added it, but it scooted over to the side instead :rolleyes:

OP
OP
danieyella

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sand came in today. But, between the weather shift, my swollen sore knee, and work today - I can't deal with it. It'll have to wait. Hopefully I'll have an update for you guys soon. Magnet is ready!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back