Swap Radion G5 for GHL Mitras?

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be any advantage to swap my 3x Radion G5 XR15 for 2x GHL Mitras 7206?

Can't say i'm impressed that much by the look of the tank with the Radions, and i'm wondering if things would look significantly better with the Mitras.

OP
OP
Lucas815

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have Blues or Pros? I'd probably try playing around with the light schedule first before getting rid of them. Are you using any of the templates?
I have Pros, using the BRS recommended spectrum.

It's fine with me since there is some coral pop, and fish looks fine as well.

It doesn't look bad by any means, but I'm simply wondering if it would be significantly better with the Mitras, somehow.

Would need the opinion of someone who owns both lights.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The advantage would be the amount of PAR and contollabilility of the lights. The 7206 is a major step up in power over the Xr15's. The 7206 would be the XR30 equivalent as it seems you already know as you are going from 3 xr15 to 2 7206's.

You would loose some of the pop you see with the Radions if you switch to the mitras. They are not blue dominant lights. You would gain superior control of lighting effects such as cloud simulation, luner cycle, etc.

Depends on the look you are going for. Both lights are great but provide totally different looking spectrums.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If not for the terrible software, I might have stuck with Mitras. Great shimmer, good color, and built amazingly well.

The software is so bad, it makes the whole experience less than ideal IMO

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're looking to make a switch I'd look into Reefi dual extremes, and Unos. Reefi has reflectors to aim the light into the tank(no overspill) and this also means no burned lens or degrading of cheap plastic.....the cover is glass. The build quality is a no contest in materials used and actual robustness.

They carry 3 year warranty and also have a much better cooling system. The shimmer is unrivaled and the best I've seen from any LED box.

The new Uno 2.0 pros will be out in August and have a lot of good things going for them. I expect them to get high praise. They will be serious contenders to the XR15 and Kessil A500x.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 70 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back