Status
Not open for further replies.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got some Coral Spring yesterday. It came up when we tried non-photosyntetic corals and looked around for bacterioplankton. I need to do some more research on that.

It will be interesting to see what you think of this, I saw nps mentioned, I will google it.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be interesting to see what you think of this, I saw nps mentioned, I will google it.
I tried it yesterday and it looked liked many corals retracted their polyps. Don’t know if they didn’t like it or if their mouths were full of food ;Smuggrin So hard to know what they do eat..
The only tropical non photosynthetic coral we have now is sun corals. They eat everything. But I do use a sun coral in the experiment to see if it reacts on the feedings and to see if it grows. If the sun coral grows in there, I hope it’s enough food for the other corals too(even if they probably prefer smaller prey.. or do they o_O).

I was about to add Coral Sprint to our twice a day feeding in the experiment but then I read something about twice a week. So I will have to wait til next week and read up on it before it goes into our food mix.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they are adding a ton of "nutrients" to a park in Lund, Sweden. You Swedes love your nutrients!;)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they are adding a ton of "nutrients" to a park in Lund, Sweden. You Swedes love your nutrients!;)
Drinking beer in the grass (and doing other things too) is a tradition i Lund (Sweden's oldest university town) the 30/4 every year. Around 20 000 ( if raining) to over 30 000 (if the sun shine) students use to meet there celebrating Valborgsmäss - the start of the spring in Southern Sweden. The authorities do not want a Corona Mardi Grass situation - they spread manure from hens and chickens in the city park of Lund :p:p:p to hinder beer drinking in the grass (and other things).

We have our own way of doing things :p:p:p and the whole Lund is known for its special form of humor - Lundahumor!

Sincerely Lasse

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drinking beer in the grass (and doing other things too) is a tradition i Lund (Sweden's oldest university town) the 30/4 every year. Around 20 000 ( if raining) to over 30 000 (if the sun shine) students use to meet there celebrating Valborgsmäss - the start of the spring in Southern Sweden. The authorities do not want a Corona Mardi Grass situation - they spread manure from hens and chickens in the city park of Lund :p:p:p to hinder beer drinking in the grass (and other things).

We have our own way of doing things :p:p:p and the whole Lund is known for its special form of humor - Lundahumor!

Sincerely Lasse

There is an old tradition over here for the first of May, deeper than the pole dancing thing, same celebration for the start of spring. :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this. Pretty cool. It’s the song that is sung today to “sing in the spring” if you translate it directly from Swedish :) I hope the link works.

That was pretty awesome, even if their English wasn't very good. :p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only you had time to do a journal of the sexual tank?! ;)
Maybe I could just post our “log book” for that tank :p
Everything is well documented so I probably do something later on.
But since most people want “super growth and colour” I don’t think the method we run in the experiment is something for most tanks. “Let’s first lower the temp so they almost stop growing, then raise the temp to almost a coral bleaching event, then hopefully they will spawn!”. The corals in our other tanks are on a holiday compared to the experiment corals and the corals in the ocean ;Smuggrin

Sltloser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I love the transfer of knowledge and subsequent experiments that are occurring. It makes me miss my time studying Condylactis gigantea during my Master's research. The continued search for knowledge by posing a hypothesis, creating an experiment to collect data, and analyzing the data for the outcome of the experiment is something I miss in my day to day work. The contribution of ideas and openness to listen to all ideas and evaluate them is admirable, I appreciate all of the work everyone has put into this project (working on the front lines, or intellectually). I look forward to the continued updates and watching this beast come to life!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have really enjoyed reading through this thread! I love the transfer of knowledge and subsequent experiments that are occurring. It makes me miss my time studying Condylactis gigantea during my Master's research. The continued search for knowledge by posing a hypothesis, creating an experiment to collect data, and analyzing the data for the outcome of the experiment is something I miss in my day to day work. The contribution of ideas and openness to listen to all ideas and evaluate them is admirable, I appreciate all of the work everyone has put into this project (working on the front lines, or intellectually). I look forward to the continued updates and watching this beast come to life!
And to think I only follow the thread to learn about coffee... :rolleyes::p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After drinking filtered coffee for whole of my life - i drink unfiltered now.............

Sincerely Lasse
So not getting any smarter by age? Is that why you haven’t figured out where the camera is on your computer? :p
E2CBDB65-45BA-434E-A974-502F504AD244.jpeg

I’m sorry Lasse!! I have had this picture for a week just waiting for a moment to use it. I know you can handle it ;)

Do you think an old Eheim filter works to filter our espressos?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know - old man and new technique - not a good combination.:p i thought that it was only my brain you want to get but I can be wrong :p i´m glad that you miss when I leave the chair in order to get coffee:p

sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know - old man and new technique - not a good combination.:p i thought that it was only my brain you want to get but I can be wrong :p i´m glad that you miss when I leave the chair in order to get coffee:p

sincerely Lasse
That was what you looked like on the screen the first five Skype meeting we had in April! :D Just the last week we’ve seen more than your forehead. But that’s okey, it means you still learn! ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t give a “honest review “ on the Alkatronic since the creator is a friend, but I will post stuff I like :)
I get new readings on my phone every third hour.
I lowered the Core7 3ab dosing yesterday afternoon to keep the KH at around 7,2dKH. I’m pretty happy with the result! 7,2 dKH on this Alkatronic is 6,8 dKH on my Salifert test.
All good so far!
FCF2E7C6-A30A-45C3-BC8E-B9D303E26865.png

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not getting any smarter by age? Is that why you haven’t figured out where the camera is on your computer? :p
E2CBDB65-45BA-434E-A974-502F504AD244.jpeg

I’m sorry Lasse!! I have had this picture for a week just waiting for a moment to use it. I know you can handle it ;)

Do you think an old Eheim filter works to filter our espressos?
Whoa!!! Lasse, What happened, where's all your hair. If I showed you mine having natural Indian from the Americas blood in me. My hair is long , I've had people say if they had my hair they would be in Hollywood right now. Heeee

Not the best picture, Carnation corals with 34 Pacific oysters. Still kicking, which means they're still alive

20200429_095532.jpg

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t give a “honest review “ on the Alkatronic since the creator is a friend, but I will post stuff I like :)
I get new readings on my phone every third hour.
I lowered the Core7 3ab dosing yesterday afternoon to keep the KH at around 7,2dKH. I’m pretty happy with the result! 7,2 dKH on this Alkatronic is 6,8 dKH on my Salifert test.
All good so far!
FCF2E7C6-A30A-45C3-BC8E-B9D303E26865.png
still using the calcium reactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back