OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'll be back amongst the corals at the Aquarium! In my natural habitat.. :p
Been skiing this week in the Swedish "mountains " :)
So more updates on the aquariums and everything else next week!
IMG_7064.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at work. Here's a view into our bambo shark tank(the only clean window in the whole Aquarium:D ). This tank goes okey. Not every coral species thrive, but most of them. Despite low flow( and only LED ;))
IMG_7071.JPG

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updates.

The Lysmata wurdemanni breeding experiment goes on. The number of larvae has decrease from about 200 to about 50. Not sure why. We've started testing both adult artemia and mixed frozen food, seems like they can catch both. Hopefully they eat it as well. Should be settling soon I think, in week 4 or 5.

Here a pic from our second floor, the exhibitions and museum objects have been moved to other facilities due to the rebuild. There will be new culture/martime history exhibitions on this floor but they won't be up until 2021. So now we can practice golf indoor at work :D
IMG_7074.JPG

And since we're a small museum, we need to help each other. Today we've moved a ship model. These are usually behind glass, so it's a bit scary lifting and moving them around ;Nailbiting
IMG_7073.JPG

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some updates.

The Lysmata wurdemanni breeding experiment goes on. The number of larvae has decrease from about 200 to about 50. Not sure why. We've started testing both adult artemia and mixed frozen food, seems like they can catch both. Hopefully they eat it as well. Should be settling soon I think, in week 4 or 5.

Here a pic from our second floor, the exhibitions and museum objects have been moved to other facilities due to the rebuild. There will be new culture/martime history exhibitions on this floor but they won't be up until 2021. So now we can practice golf indoor at work :D
IMG_7074.JPG

And since we're a small museum, we need to help each other. Today we've moved a ship model. These are usually behind glass, so it's a bit scary lifting and moving them around ;Nailbiting
IMG_7073.JPG
Play golf, hmmm..What a life. Must be nice.:)

Last edited:

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow I'll be back amongst the corals at the Aquarium! In my natural habitat.. :p
Been skiing this week in the Swedish "mountains " :)
So more updates on the aquariums and everything else next week!
IMG_7064.JPG

Ok, your past post, trying to figure out back ground. Photos of Red Sea by Egypt . Take by one of our member, not me.

20190114_190812.png

20190114_190747.png

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, your past post, trying to figure out back ground. Photos of Red Sea by Egypt . Take by one of our member, not me.

20190114_190812.png

20190114_190747.png

Wow! That's the kind of background I dream of in the new 400m3 reef tank! Blue and endless, and schools of Anthias and Chromis hovering above large Acropora colonies :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Play golf, hmmm..What a life. Must be nice.:)
Hehe, well we've talked about praticing golf svings on our lunch break for a year. Hasn't happened yet ;)

It'll be kind of empty from today and a year or so forward. Most of the staff will move to other facilities today, only the Aquarium staff and some technicians stays in the museum during the whole rebuild.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, well we've talked about praticing golf svings on our lunch break for a year. Hasn't happened yet ;)

It'll be kind of empty from today and a year or so forward. Most of the staff will move to other facilities today, only the Aquarium staff and some technicians stays in the museum during the whole rebuild.
Maybe setup for putting?

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got to be an aquarist again. Started removing some corals from our 1500L room divider reef. I was hoping to get an Acropora efflorescence out, but knocked down a large A. nana instead.. And since we got a lot of some kind of small clove polyps growing on the rocks in this tank, I only want to move live coral tissue to our other tanks. Therefor it had to be a lot of cutting and gluing.
I only got a piece of the A. efflorescence colony, it's really thick! Almost 10cm at the base. Will try again tomorrow.
IMG_7077.JPG

Two buckets with only live tissue A. nana, and one with coral skeleton that will go into the calcium reactor(after cleaning).

IMG_7078.JPG

Since I didn't have time to do 50 frag plugs, it turned into three Acropora nana rocks instead.
IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7080.JPG
IMG_7081.JPG

Not really my best artistic work so far, but I think they will look good in a year or so :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got to be an aquarist again. Started removing some corals from our 1500L room divider reef. I was hoping to get an Acropora efflorescence out, but knocked down a large A. nana instead.. And since we got a lot of some kind of small clove polyps growing on the rocks in this tank, I only want to move live coral tissue to our other tanks. Therefor it had to be a lot of cutting and gluing.
I only got a piece of the A. efflorescence colony, it's really thick! Almost 10cm at the base. Will try again tomorrow.
IMG_7077.JPG

Two buckets with only live tissue A. nana, and one with coral skeleton that will go into the calcium reactor(after cleaning).

IMG_7078.JPG

Since I didn't have time to do 50 frag plugs, it turned into three Acropora nana rocks instead.
IMG_7079.JPG
IMG_7080.JPG
IMG_7081.JPG

Not really my best artistic work so far, but I think they will look good in a year or so :)

They look natural. Good job Sallstrom. Now that's real work. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what I got? @Sallstrom & @Lasse

And its not a water tarantula either.

20190115_082022.jpg
Oh, is it a crinoid? Those are beautiful.

We had a small cold water species for over a year. It even grew back lost arms.
Never tried any tropical ones.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I continued the work trying to get a large Acropora efflorescence out of our 1500L room devider reef. Here's the colony:
IMG_7084.JPG

And here two not so good top down pics from this tank. The corals have created coral islands. So I need to cut them down before it starts growing palm trees in there as well..
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG

No wonder the flow isn't good in this tank :D

Today's tool box! Hammer and screwdriver did the trick :)
IMG_7086.JPG

Here's the colony out of the tank! No wonder we're having a hard time keeping alk, Ca and Mg up. The base is about 10cm in diameter.
IMG_7090.JPG

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I continued the work trying to get a large Acropora efflorescence out of our 1500L room devider reef. Here's the colony:
IMG_7084.JPG

And here two not so good top down pics from this tank. The corals have created coral islands. So I need to cut them down before it starts growing palm trees in there as well..
IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

Here's the colony out of the tank! No wonder we're having a hard time keeping alk, Ca and Mg up. The base is about 10cm in diameter.
IMG_7090.JPG
Now thats real work. :p

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7084.JPG

IMG_7087.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

IMG_7090.JPG
Whats wrong with palm trees? o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back