Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the view from the top of the island Godøya, across the water from the aquarium.
IMG_7945.JPG

Such a nice picture, there's so much wonderful detail it's hard to pick one thing to focus on :). Thank you for sharing!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics! Have you done a par reading on the monti tank that’s using the horticulture lights? That’s so cool some of the colors those corals are showing.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful pics! Have you done a par reading on the monti tank that’s using the horticulture lights? That’s so cool some of the colors those corals are showing.
I did some quick readings when the corals had move in. It's around PAR 250-300.

Most of the horticulture LEDs only have 450, 660, and 6500K(or maybe 5700k) diods, so the total light colour differ a bit from the Orphek and Hydra lights :)
But on the other hand, the coverage is so much better on the Heliospectra lights.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol

Most people would love to be away from work for 10 days!
I know. Strange to have "your" tanks at work and no tank at home.
And scary knowing @Lasse might change all settings for the aquarium computers and spill calibration fluid into the tanks ;Nailbiting

A good thing is that you can visit other aquariums on your holiday trips :D

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand this, I love having my tank at home. But, I also don't know if I would want one at the house if I worked on one all day. I try not to bring work home with me if I don't have to.

And scary knowing @Lasse might change all settings for the aquarium computers and spill calibration fluid into the tanks ;Nailbiting
Isn't this a good thing? You wouldn't want to be bored as soon as you come back from your holiday, would you? ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand this, I love having my tank at home. But, I also don't know if I would want one at the house if I worked on one all day. I try not to bring work home with me if I don't have to.

Isn't this a good thing? You wouldn't want to be bored as soon as you come back from your holiday, would you? ;)

True. I sold my home tank after a couple of years working with aquariums. But I actually thinking of getting a small FW tank with lots of plants!

A good thing having Lasse being unsupervised in the Aquarium? I will pass on answering that question ;)

Jokes aside, the first years I had a hard time relaxing on my vacations. I always wrote long manuals for all "my" tanks.
Nowadays I'm more calm, knowing my colleagues will handle stuff while I'm gone.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And scary knowing @Lasse might change all settings for the aquarium computers and spill calibration fluid into the tanks
How in heck do you know that up in Norway?

A good thing having Lasse being unsupervised in the Aquarium?

Do not talk about the others :)

I know your feelings - I had to spend 3 whole days sorting up all computer related things after my Hungarian visit :)

Be calm - we solve the issues comming up - not your way but in some way :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How in heck do you know that up in Norway?

Do not talk about the others :)

I know your feelings - I had to spend 3 whole days sorting up all computer related things after my Hungarian visit :)

Be calm - we solve the issues comming up - not your way but in some way :)

Sincerely Lasse
I know you guys will run things great.
I'm expecting the corals to have grown at least 5 cm when I'll get back ;)

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True. I sold my home tank after a couple of years working with aquariums. But I actually thinking of getting a small FW tank with lots of plants!

Overgrown I know but here is my ‘small FW tank with lots of plants’. I moved into the reefing hobby 2 years ago but wanted to keep a FW toe in the water. Happily the million things I have learnt in the last 2 years helped the FW tank too.

27221da82147c4a8d2cbdad11f3c1e22.jpg

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overgrown I know but here is my ‘small FW tank with lots of plants’. I moved into the reefing hobby 2 years ago but wanted to keep a FW toe in the water. Happily the million things I have learnt in the last 2 years helped the FW tank too.

27221da82147c4a8d2cbdad11f3c1e22.jpg
Beautiful! Yes, something like that might be my next home project :)
I have a small LFS close to my home selling ADA products and I like that clean design.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A good thing is that you can visit other aquariums on your holiday trips :D
Could be worse, spill coffee in tank. Like someone we know, likes playing with fire. Coffee fire.:p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be worse, spill coffee in tank. Like someone we know, likes playing with fire. Coffee fire.:p

I did a quick visit at work today. Found Lasse's calibration station(five tubes in a stand) on top of a skimmer. A skimmer in the sump :eek:
But I didn't move it. I trust Lasse. They were probably emptied and cleaned :rolleyes:

BTW, great solution for the leaking calcium reactor @Lasse ! (Placing the leaking parts into a tank :) )

I'm sure there are a lot of good things for the corals in coffee :p

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still on vacation. But I found a cool animal at the aquarium in Ålesund that I need to share ;)
Squat lobsters! In Swedish "Trollhummer", which translated to English would be Troll Lobster.

IMG_7975.JPG
IMG_7974.JPG

This is one of my favourite cold water species. It's somewhere in between a hermit crab and a Norway lobster(which we call "sea crayfish" in Swedish). Only three larger legs on each sides, like hermit crabs, but claws almost like a Norway lobsters.
They are close relatives to hermit and porcelain crabs. Most species are pretty small. The species on the pictures are the largest in Swedish water and reaches about 10 cm(carapace 5 cm).
We have had these in our coldwater tanks at the Aquarium and will definitely have them in the new Aquarium.

Now I will continue my vacation... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back