OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS saw that the package wasn't to them, so they returned it to the delivery guy. The package was at UPS again, and we had to pick it up from their office(they would have delivered it tomorrow otherwise).
The hero today was @Lasse who jumped in his car and helped me go and get the package! Now the animals are in our tanks and all of them looked fine. It wasn't a big shippment, but I'll post a list later.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LFS saw that the package wasn't to them, so they returned it to the delivery guy. The package was at UPS again, and we had to pick it up from their office(they would have delivered it tomorrow otherwise).
The hero today was @Lasse who jumped in his car and helped me go and get the package! Now the animals are in our tanks and all of them looked fine. It wasn't a big shippment, but I'll post a list later.
I'm glad it all worked out! Hopefully they will all get complimentary hotel stays somewhere nice to compensate them for the inconvenience in their travel plans.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at work after a short trip(hiked to the top of the Scandinavia, Galdøpiggen, Norway. Great stuff!)
Now the summer is here in Gothenburg. 30 degrees Celsius at least three days in a row!
Luckily the water stays at around 27, so it's mostly the air temp that goes up.

Back to building a refugium. Not sure if we need three LED bars, but it looked nice :)
Will cover the back and get some algae in it today.
IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_7889.PNG

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And done! Reflecting screen behind the back wall, so the corals in the tank behind it can get some sleep at night.
IMG_8213.JPG

Thinking of placing egg crates in, top to bottom, to create 3 sections. To get the algae growing more vertical and perhaps have three different types of macro algae. Or maybe I should just leave it like this and save a lot of work ;Happy

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sallstrom

I envy your job and kudos to your magnificent work. You mentioned temperant Swedish fish. A few days ago, I saw “Blue Planet” series in which NPS and other gorgeous filter feeders were found off the coast of Norway. Aparrantly, the Gulf Stream transports larvae & food. In another episode a container of “rubber ducks” was lost at sea with subsequent dispersing across the Seven Seas.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sallstrom

I envy your job and kudos to your magnificent work. You mentioned temperant Swedish fish. A few days ago, I saw “Blue Planet” series in which NPS and other gorgeous filter feeders were found off the coast of Norway. Aparrantly, the Gulf Stream transports larvae & food. In another episode a container of “rubber ducks” was lost at sea with subsequent dispersing across the Seven Seas.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.
Thank you!

You are right. There are so many beautiful and interesting filter feeders and other bottom dwelling organisms in Scandinavian waters. But they are usually hard to get and some are really hard to get thriving in aquariums.
Our goal is to keep the same water quality for the Swedish cold water tanks as the tropical reef tanks in the new Aquarium. And to improve the feeding for all the filter feeders. So hopefully we can keep more cold water specials then.
Here are some that we have saved now in the temporary Aquarium.

8D13882D-D523-4439-9FEE-E0C55B852048.jpeg
AC9E6374-75D9-4C78-9F72-03ADBC7DDB72.jpeg
E9874C4F-0ADB-47ED-8B17-C9B1E531F65C.jpeg
33C9CD63-DFC9-41B7-8D54-EA21A0B8D52B.jpeg
F683D502-5978-4824-AC91-B5B02B2907A0.jpeg
5DF8644B-4A17-4037-8DB0-BB9A4B5FA7CA.jpeg

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back at work after a short trip(hiked to the top of the Scandinavia, Galdøpiggen, Norway. Great stuff!)
Now the summer is here in Gothenburg. 30 degrees Celsius at least three days in a row!
Luckily the water stays at around 27, so it's mostly the air temp that goes up.

Back to building a refugium. Not sure if we need three LED bars, but it looked nice :)
Will cover the back and get some algae in it today.
IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_7889.PNG

Gentlemen of distinction,

With respect to Cooling & heating your system water, consider a “water to water” earth coupled heat pump.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And done! Reflecting screen behind the back wall, so the corals in the tank behind it can get some sleep at night.
IMG_8213.JPG

Thinking of placing egg crates in, top to bottom, to create 3 sections. To get the algae growing more vertical and perhaps have three different types of macro algae. Or maybe I should just leave it like this and save a lot of work ;Happy

Thanks for sharing the pics! One Kramer reference deserves another :)

tumblr_mbabx9i2lb1rnm1ldo1_500.gif

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing the pics! One Kramer reference deserves another :)

tumblr_mbabx9i2lb1rnm1ldo1_500.gif
That's exactly my reaction when I go into the room where we have our largest water cooler :D We try to keep that door shut..

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly my reaction when I go into the room where we have our largest water cooler :D We try to keep that door shut..

Totally off topic, but Seinfeld is one of my favorites - do you watch it in English or Swedish? I've wondered how well jokes hold up after translation.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gentlemen of distinction,

With respect to Cooling & heating your system water, consider a “water to water” earth coupled heat pump.

We will have district heating and cooling in a few years they say. So for now, in the temporary Aquarium, small AC units will have to do.
But the Swedish summer is usually pretty short. On Monday it'll be around 20 degrees again :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally off topic, but Seinfeld is one of my favorites - do you watch it in English or Swedish? I've wondered how well jokes hold up after translation.
We have all the series in English, but often with swedish subtitles.
Somtimes the subtitles aren't great :) But if you know a little English, you'll figure out most of the jokes.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common wrong translation from English to Swedish has with fish to do. Your catfish is mal in Swedish. But all translators - even google - translate catfish to havskatt - that is a total wrong - Havskatt in swedish is a salt water species - your wolffish

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caulerpa, 3 different types, see which flourishes best? ;)
Okey, I did egg crates and created three vertical sections. Tomorrow I'll try to find more algae, I know we have at least two types of green algae and one red. Gonna be a fancy macro algae refugium I think ;)
IMG_8223.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back