OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Project Shhvvveeedish blue sponge is fine by the way, pics when I get my camera / pc issues sorted! ;)
Don't let the new nudibranch get to it! :D
I love it by the way. Reminded me that I need to look through De Jong's stocklist tomorrow to get some animals that might eat vermetid snail. It was years since we bought any new fun organisms! Perhaps we need some more biodiversity.. ;)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't let the new nudibranch get to it! :D
I love it by the way. Reminded me that I need to look through De Jong's stocklist tomorrow to get some animals that might eat vermetid snail. It was years since we bought any new fun organisms! Perhaps we need some more biodiversity.. ;)

Exactly, try new things, a xenia refugium, sponge only refugium, ... I know you have limited space, promote what is more natural and works?! ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8110.JPG
Our
IMG_8111.JPG

Our last old reef tank still running, the bamboo shark tank, 26000L.
LED only, Marco rocks, calcium reactor and low flow :)
The coming weeks we will start to move out corals to the temporary Aquarium. It will be tight..

Edit. I didn't take any pictures of the left side of the tank. It's almost empty. We've used it as experiment area for lights and corals. Plus we couldn't afford rocks enough to fill the whole tank..

Edit again. So if anyone from Marco Rocks see this post, love the rocks! And how about sponsoring the new 400000L reef tank with your rocks? :D

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8110.JPG
Our
IMG_8111.JPG

The coming weeks we will start to move out corals to the temporary Aquarium. It will be tight..

Edit. I didn't take any pictures of the left side of the tank. It's almost empty. We've used it as experiment area for lights and corals. Plus we couldn't afford rocks enough to fill the whole tank..
That looks like a lot of fun, and possibly some accidental fragging will happen.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8110.JPG
Our
IMG_8111.JPG

Edit again. So if anyone from Marco Rocks see this post, love the rocks! And how about sponsoring the new 400000L reef tank with your rocks? :D
I saw those pics and the first word out of my mouth was..... Dam ! ! ! Beautiful tank ! ! !

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I don't really like this tank, but that's because it's a very low budget setup and the rock scape is made for it to be easy to place corals, not to look interesting. And the back walls are ugly ;Wacky
I'm happy the tanks works though, gave us more room for corals when our old propagation tanks were full. And it's looking better now when the corals has grown over the rocks :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I moved this coral from the shark tank. It has been at the back, not visible from the windows. It has grown well! :)
IMG_8123.JPG

Size comparison with a Orphek Atlantik V4 ;)
IMG_8124.JPG

Don't remember the scientific name of the coral, I think it's called tongue coral.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I moved this coral from the shark tank. It has been at the back, not visible from the windows. It has grown well! :)
IMG_8123.JPG

Size comparison with a Orphek Atlantik V4 ;)
IMG_8124.JPG

Don't remember the scientific name of the coral, I think it's called tongue coral.

My, what a big tongue you have!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick walk in the temporary Aquarium. Not the best quality. I had to move fast because we hadn't cleaned the windows:)
I'll try to do better ones next week!

Couldn't quite make out the background song but the singer sounded like Perry Ferrell.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't quite make out the background song but the singer sounded like Perry Ferrell.
I knew someone would comment on the music :D I think it's Paul McCartney. I know I put on the record RAM.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick walk in the temporary Aquarium. Not the best quality. I had to move fast because we hadn't cleaned the windows:)
I'll try to do better ones next week!
Very cool. What struck me most is how loud it was.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. What struck me most is how loud it was.
The music or the aquarium machinery? :)
It's a lot of water splashing, we don't really do anything to keep that quiet. But the loudest thing is a dosing pump for a large calcium reactor. It's the beating noise. Not suitable for living rooms probably;)

Funny thing is you get used to all the sounds from the aquariums. And one day when something has stopped, you might hear it. You hear that some of the noise is missing.

Compared to the rooms behind the old tanks, the temporary Aquarium is better. Now we use only DC pumps and no large pool pumps. Before there were vibrations and noises from large pool pumps and heat exchangers etc.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tounge coral should be a Herpolitha limax
Thanks Stig!
We got it from an aquarist in Gothenburg who was about to close his tank. About 3-4 years ago. He could have sold it but gave it to us instead. I'm really greatful for contributions like that!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say I really love the video upload option! It'll be much easier to show stuff and explain setups etc. And take paparazzi videos of @Lasse struggling with the GHL computers :D

I'm still too shy to talk on videos though.. But we'll see, maybe I need to get over that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back