OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Sallstrom how is the nps doing? Anything at all alive?
All the Scleronephthya slowly faded away. Got less and less polyps. One colony was a bit more hardy, but it didn't like it when we moved it to the temporary Aquarium.

The sun corals are doing well. We've got about 15-20 small colonies on plugs in a small tank attached to large system. They survive the move! Just need to arrange a new semi automatic feeding station for them. At the moment they just get some artemia or dry food once a day.

And the cold water species are doing well still :)

At the moment we're mostly getting the new systems working in the temporary Aquarium and cleaning out the old facilities. So compared to before, all "extra" stuff are on low priority. We're not even hatching artemia right now, something we've done every day for 8 or 10 years. Still got some phytoplankton and rotifers going, but on a much smaller scale.
I hope things will slow down after August so we will have time to get most of our old stuff back up and set up new routines. We got plenty of fun project, breeding and husbandry, we want to try out. Just need the time and routines first. And space. Not sure how we will fit everything in the temporary Aquarium :rolleyes:

That was a long answer! Sorry :D

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity do you have any tubastrea or dendro in there that isnt the usual pink or yellow?
I still havent seen the black or green with my own eyes ;Droid

No, just the yellow ones so far. Would really like those green or black one though! :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Acropora eating flatworms seems to like it in the temporary Aquarium :confused:
Just dipped and fragged a couple of Acropora millepora. We've had Acropora millepora for say 10 years, sometimes more, sometimes less. Sometimes they get really big. But sooner or later they always become infested in AEFW and some of the colonies die off. And I can admit, that due to us moving around stuff and never really erased the flatworms once and for all.
Today I started thinking of the volume of Acropora millepora we should have had if we never had any AEFW. That would have been a lot!
So that gave me new energy to continue the work on a getting rid of them for good. Just have to organise things a bit first..

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here’s another one from the bamboo shark tank. I took a walk from the left window to the right, so you get the shape of the tank. Luckily the shark swam past while I was filming:)
Perhaps the last video from this tank. Soon we’ll start moving out fish and corals.
Sorry for the not so clean window.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got one sixline wrasse in each tank. But some of them are lazy :)
Have you considered adding a few Fågel? I know I see them eating maskar every time it rains. They might destroy those AEFW since they are always wet!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weeks project will be to get a new 4 meter propagation tank up and running. We're still working on the stand and haven't figured out how we will get the lights up. So I'm not sure we can get water in it this week :)

My side project is to get a small algae refugium going. There are still low nutrient levels in the reef systems, but I want some macro algae in the system to even out the pH swings. So my plan is to run the light in the night.
Light bars will be attached to the side, and the other sides will be covered will a reflection sheet.
IMG_8151.JPG

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered adding a few Fågel? I know I see them eating maskar every time it rains. They might destroy those AEFW since they are always wet!
Maybe a sea gull. And use the poo as fertiliser for the corals! Perhaps we should start a tank outside to lure some sea gulls in just to get their poo.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a great day from UPS. They delivered our live fish, crabs and corals to a LFS in another city today o_O
On the phone now just trying to ensure the animals will be taken care today.
You are still bringing in more coral? That surprises me a bit. I figured you would have held off until the new exhibits are closer to being done.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a sea gull. And use the poo as fertiliser for the corals! Perhaps we should start a tank outside to lure some sea gulls in just to get their poo.

May I suggest penguins? They're easier to catch and make more poo!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are still bringing in more coral? That surprises me a bit. I figured you would have held off until the new exhibits are closer to being done.
Come on! Let me have some fun.. It was only 4 small colonies. Since we needed the fish I added a couple of corals as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back