Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here are some real Swedish fish for you. Matjessill! Pickled harring ;Joyful The best swedish food!
IMG_8216.JPG
Me hungry.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here are some real Swedish fish for you. Matjessill! Pickled harring ;Joyful The best swedish food!
IMG_8216.JPG

Only thing missing from the picture is what beverage you used to wash it all down...

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8216.JPG
Dinner last night... guess it isn't very Swedish but it is definitely more my style!

1564489023077.png

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinner last night... guess it isn't very Swedish but it is definitely more my style!

1564489023077.png
First I though it was a Swedish Lussekatt! A christmas cake :D
But grilled chicken is good stuff too :)

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First I though it was a Swedish Lussekatt! A christmas cake :D
But grilled chicken is good stuff too :)

I Googled Lussekatt, looks delicious. I think the only Swedish cuisine around here is at Ikea :p

Sun corals look great but I really like the coldwater stuff on the previous page!

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The view from the " Aquarium office". Now it starts to look more like our old rooms, with buckets, cables and tubes everywhere :)
Started to fill up the top tank to the right in the picture today. Hopefully I can do the return pipe tomorrow and that tank is good to go. Oh, and we need lights. Still waiting for the 10 Hydra LEDs. But they should come this week.
IMG_8254.JPG

Sometimes you find pumps spooning :rolleyes:
IMG_8253.JPG

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Googled Lussekatt, looks delicious. I think the only Swedish cuisine around here is at Ikea :p

Sun corals look great but I really like the coldwater stuff on the previous page!
I agree, the cold water species are really cool!

Speaking of IKEA, we use their small LEDs to grow phytoplankton in the buckets you see in the picture above:)

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one thing I use to fix small leaks from tanks in service.
Orca Unterwasserkleber. Just press in with a finger where the leak is and it is fixed.
Should be possible to find in a LFS around GBG.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is one thing I use to fix small leaks from tanks in service.
Orca Unterwasserkleber. Just press in with a finger where the leak is and it is fixed.
Should be possible to find in a LFS around GBG.
Thanks! I've read about it a couple of times, but never tried it.
I pumped the water to another empty tanks and will have a look tomorrow. I think we need to put on a new layer of epoxy though.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A day off and finally some energy to write! Not sure of what though:D

The warm week went well, all tanks did fine. A bit harder on the the staff :)

The coral systems are doing fine. One a bit better then the other, but I think it's because of the water/rock/fish ratio. Overall the water seems to be good, mostly AEFW and Vermetid snails bothering some corals.
There are some algae here and there, but running nine, soon ten, reef tanks, it's hard to sort and put great clean up crews in all of them. I move urchins around sometimes when needed. And to be two coral systems, only three month old, with this much live corals, I'm pretty happy with them ;)
And it'll be nice to see all the frags I've done in a year or two!

I miss the details though, setting up a smaller display tank and doing aqua scapes.
But the new Aquarium is getting closer, in a month or two I think the digging will start :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now finally the last tank in the second coral system is up and running in the temporary Aquarium.
My colleague put on a new layer of epoxy this weekend and we started filling it up on Monday. No leaks this time!
Yesterday it was full(newly mixed SW(Red Sea)), and this morning I redid the return so the water from the sump goes to the upper tank, then via overflows to the lower one.
09:15 I turned on the vault and the system was complete(no pressure on the newly glued pvc, gave it 20 minutes to dry :)).

Ten new Hydra LEDs are up and programmed. Manage to "crash " the programs for all 25 Hydra fixtures first, but then I redid it slowly and all went well :)
Since we don't have any refugium and the pH swings are large, the two upper tanks are on reverse, they're lit up at night. Will be interesting to see how that works out. Need to put up some screens to keep the lights just in those tanks and let the ones beside get some night.
This way we can put the lights for the upper and lower tank on the same power supply, since there're not running at the same time. Lasse is a smart guy :)
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8352.JPG
IMG_8353.JPG

I started moving corals today. The ones I could reach from the surface of the bamboo shark tank. Four pretty large Acropora colonies and a couple Seriatopora. Still a lot of corals to go.
IMG_8360.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since we don't have any refugium and the pH swings are large, the two upper tanks are on reverse, they're lit up at night. Will be interesting to see how that works out. Need to put up some screens to keep the lights just in those tanks and let the ones beside get some night.
This way we can put the lights for the upper and lower tank on the same power supply, since there're not running at the same time. Lasse is a smart guy :)
That is a brilliant solution to both problems! Everyone should have a Lasse available! ;)

It blows my mind just how much coral you have grown in these systems. Absolutely amazing.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small frags if you mean a Swedish frag @Lasse ;)
Most were about 15-20 cm when they moved into the shark tank :)
15cm and you call it a frag. For those uneducated like me, that is 6". Here that would be a large "mini colony" or just a colony. :rolleyes:;Blackeye

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15cm and you call it a frag. For those uneducated like me, that is 6". Here that would be a large "mini colony" or just a colony. :rolleyes:;Blackeye
Depends! If you take a 20 cm fragment from an even larger colony, that would be a frag. Wouldn't it?! ;)
But in this case I know many of the corals came from the 10000L tank and from when we emptied the propagation tanks, so many of them were colonies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back