OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since there been sooo many questions on how we managed to get all green light on our latest ICP test, here's how we do it ;)

I take the dosing recommendations from Triton, make some adjustments, and do a list like this. When something is added, the square is crossed and a date is written. We're dosing once a week. Or more if there're a lot of doses.

IMG_8428.JPG

For calcium(and Mg), I do a bucket with a solution of RO water and CaCl. And add about 3-5dl every morning until the bucket is empty.
IMG_8429.JPG

Here's the Triton stuff and the list.

IMG_8430.JPG

Right now we're also dosing Fe and Mn daily, and Iodine, Zink and Vanadium weekly. All of these in very small doses. We usually get zero in the ICP tests for Fe, V and Mn.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ight now we're also dosing Fe and Mn daily, and Iodine, Zink and Vanadium weekly. All of these in very small doses. We usually get zero in the ICP tests for Fe, V and Mn.
Doesn’t everyone get zero on those? I’m not sure triton even add them anymore,

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t everyone get zero on those? I’m not sure triton even add them anymore,
You should get zero if you want to be close to sea levels. If you get a number the levels are too high. And since we've been adding for example Fe and Mn for many years and always gets zero on our ICP tests, I guess something is using it.
I have seen high Fe and Mn on ICP tests, in one of our old cold water systems. So it's possible to get a number :)

Add them to what? Their dosage recommendation? They don't have any recommended doses for iron on the regular page. I've read about those doses on their FB support group I think. Or perhaps a pdf manual.
Triton have recommend doses for Mn, V and Zn after you've done an ICP test.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since there been sooo many questions on how we managed to get all green light on our latest ICP test, here's how we do it ;)

I take the dosing recommendations from Triton, make some adjustments, and do a list like this. When something is added, the square is crossed and a date is written. We're dosing once a week. Or more if there're a lot of doses.

IMG_8428.JPG

For calcium(and Mg), I do a bucket with a solution of RO water and CaCl. And add about 3-5dl every morning until the bucket is empty.
IMG_8429.JPG

Here's the Triton stuff and the list.

IMG_8430.JPG

Right now we're also dosing Fe and Mn daily, and Iodine, Zink and Vanadium weekly. All of these in very small doses. We usually get zero in the ICP tests for Fe, V and Mn.
No wonder very little Triton in USA. You guys have it

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add them to what?
Sorry Sallstom I didn’t finish the sentence, I meant don’t triton add them into core7? as my levels are always zero as well, and I have a cabinet full of little bottles, some of which I have now hooked upto my dosing pumps as Im on daily dosing of I, FE, Mn, Sr..

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry Sallstom I didn’t finish the sentence, I meant don’t triton add them into core7? as my levels are always zero as well, and I have a cabinet full of little bottles, some of which I have now hooked upto my dosing pumps as Im on daily dosing of I, FE, Mn, Sr..
Ah, okey!
I think they do have some Fe and Mn in Core7 Triton method, but not much. I think they are pretty careful with elements that might increase if your tank isn't full of corals and/or algae. Easier to add some then to remove some.

Iodine I'm not sure, but guessing it's not included in Core7.

So since every tank has different consumption I think you need to add up the missing stuff yourself when using Core7. Much like a calcium reactor.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had a meeting with a photographer who wanted some eggs. Since we just moved our clownfishes. they haven't started spawning yet, so I suggested AEFW eggs. Before the meeting I started looking for flatworm eggs, and it took me 15 minutes to find any! So at the moment we're not having a flatworm bloom :)

I also noticed that some of the corals I cut up and glued before my vacation had started to grow over their plug. So another good thing this morning. Since I'm alone in the Aquarium today, I celebrate with a coffee and R2R ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just did some new frags. Some corals just seems to die, grow, die again, then grow again. So it's dip, cut, glue, grow, start to die of, dip, cut, glue, grow and on..
But it feels like most species increase even though some frags of them die. Most times I place a couple of small frags in other tanks, to see if they like it better there. The best is when I do that, forget about it, then rediscover them 6 month later and they have grow a lot!
Then we have the angry damsel. It hates everything and everyone..

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I starting to enjoy doing small frags. It's like therapy. At least now when I'm getting better at it :D
IMG_8456.JPG
IMG_8451.JPG
IMG_8435.JPG

This used to be red I think :oops:
IMG_8454.JPG

More green
IMG_8457.JPG
Only gardening I'd do is growing fruits or vegetables. But fragging is just like gardening, of course. Much more easy , most of the time. I think . That mind boggling, your frags

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This week we're getting help from a moving company to move the tanks we won't keep at the museum during the rebuild. The tanks from 500 to 2500 litres and will be stored at the museums magazine/storehouse.
After next week the museum will be empty except for certain room that we could use for storage. Not that many :)

This room will be rebuilt and become our new entrance. It used to be our tropical exhibition plus our "class room". Only movable tanks.
IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8517.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This week we're getting help from a moving company to move the tanks we won't keep at the museum during the rebuild. The tanks from 500 to 2500 litres and will be stored at the museums magazine/storehouse.
After next week the museum will be empty except for certain room that we could use for storage. Not that many :)

This room will be rebuilt and become our new entrance. It used to be our tropical exhibition plus our "class room". Only movable tanks.
IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8517.JPG
I think you've said, but I can't recall. What is happening to all of the old tanks you don't plan on re-using?

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When

IMG_8522.JPG

IMG_8517.JPG
When empty, after lunch everyone can walk for exercise.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you've said, but I can't recall. What is happening to all of the old tanks you don't plan on re-using?
We will save them in case we run out of money when setting up the new Aquarium. I've heard about at least two other public aquariums having that problem :eek:
The four tanks we had in the Cephalopod exhibition(a temporary exhibition during 2017) I think we will reuse. They are as good as new.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An uppdate on the building process.
This Wednesday was the deadline for the bids on the public procurement. So sometimes next week the city's company HIGAB, who owns the museum building, will decide which company that will do the building. Then there's a ten day period for appeals before everything is set. So in about three weeks things might start to happen. Not sure if they will start digging right away, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted :)

Sorry for my very limited knowledge in English terms for procurements and stuff like that. I hardly know them in Swedish ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back