Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral spawning and settling of Seriatopora caliendrium :)
Here are some baby colonies
IMG_8835.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG
IMG_8828.JPG
IMG_8824.JPG
Amazing, maybe you can do, adopt-a-coral, program.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8840.JPG
I wish I could say that the digging for the new Aquarium building has started, but it's just the archeological staff taking samples before the building company starts :)
This reminds me of a man I knew like 20 years ago he owns a company that built the roads for the city and he said at times they would find buckets and buckets of prehistoric shark teeth and other animals from prehistoric times. One time they found a dead body from the 1930s if I remember right some Street in Los Angeles.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good, the archaeologists haven’t found any Viking ships ;)

Just wanted to say I’m still alive and everything is going along slowly but surely.

Most exciting thing this week is to see if the “after burner” we put on the calcium reactor will do anything for the overall pH in that system. It’s just an old phosphate filter filled with crushed coral skeletons connected to the outlet from the reactor.

Next week will be more exciting! Me and a colleague will go to France and attend a conference at the aquarium Nausicaa. I think they got the largest tank in Europe nowadays. So if you are interested in large skimmers etc, there will be pictures next week!

The week after that, there will be a conference for Scandinavian public aquariums. This year only an hours drive from us, in the west coast city of Lysekil. Their aquarium is called Havets hus.

And a week after that, me and @Lasse will do an aquarium road trip to Holland and visit MACE(marine aquarium conference of Europe). Crazy month :) Everything seems to happen in October/November.

About the building process, we’re still waiting for the appeal to be sorted. We still don’t know what company that will build the new aquarium building. A bit frustrating, but not much we can do about it.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good, the archaeologists haven’t found any Viking ships ;)

Just wanted to say I’m still alive and everything is going along slowly but surely.

Most exciting thing this week is to see if the “after burner” we put on the calcium reactor will do anything for the overall pH in that system. It’s just an old phosphate filter filled with crushed coral skeletons connected to the outlet from the reactor.

Next week will be more exciting! Me and a colleague will go to France and attend a conference at the aquarium Nausicaa. I think they got the largest tank in Europe nowadays. So if you are interested in large skimmers etc, there will be pictures next week!

The week after that, there will be a conference for Scandinavian public aquariums. This year only an hours drive from us, in the west coast city of Lysekil. Their aquarium is called Havets hus.

And a week after that, me and @Lasse will do an aquarium road trip to Holland and visit MACE(marine aquarium conference of Europe). Crazy month :) Everything seems to happen in October/November.

About the building process, we’re still waiting for the appeal to be sorted. We still don’t know what company that will build the new aquarium building. A bit frustrating, but not much we can do about it.
Lots of travel for me, also. Just got back from the Bahama's. That was hard to leave. I have a trip to Arkansas for work next week. In the middle of November I spend a week split between Switzerland and Germany. I was thinking about trying to sneak up to Sweden that week but my schedule is too tight. I may be back in Germany in December, still waiting on those plans.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of travel for me, also. Just got back from the Bahama's. That was hard to leave. I have a trip to Arkansas for work next week. In the middle of November I spend a week split between Switzerland and Germany. I was thinking about trying to sneak up to Sweden that week but my schedule is too tight. I may be back in Germany in December, still waiting on those plans.
If the schedule is changed, the MACE conference is 2-3 November. Located not far from Germany, in Rosmalen :)
Two AMERICAN speakers on the list. That’s a huge thing in Europe.. ;)

The conference is a part of a larger thing called Vivarium. So if you get tired of corals and aquarium additives, you can go and watch snakes and other fun stuff for sale ;Joyful

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Coffee looks good, I bought a espresso machine a few months ago, one of the best purchases I've ever made :)
Thanks!

Yes, I got one at home too. So happy with it!
Still just filter coffee at work though:)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vive la France! ;)
B2CCF2BC-CAFB-4BB8-A469-D26B0E073D7D.jpeg

In 25 hours we’ll be in Boulogne sur mer and the public aquarium Nausicaa for a conference for aquarium curators.
As always there will be a schnitzel in Hamburg on the way :D

So lots of time for R2R on the train!

Last edited:

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and Björn are visiting my favorite aquarium of the whole world and you leave me here, an old man forced to work in the temporary aquarium alone. You have no hearth at all. :mad:

IMG_20191015_102602.jpg

This song is for both of you - with English translation :D:D:D:D;)

Have a good time in France - take a lot of pictures - :)

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven’t seen the whole aquarium yet, but there were a very nice ice breaker yesterday, with this view.
Some pretty big colonies:)
2B348DE0-E20B-4675-9FF1-A3CD50EA44CB.jpeg
3DEADA7F-7E61-4201-8014-E76A4D022B12.jpeg

It’s was really fun to see this tank IRL. Lasse has been talking about it more then ten years.. ;)

Kayleeflemings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many things around this topic that I forget that start was about aquarium. I have a small one, all the same when I entered university my life was totally changed and I lost connection with my small friends. I remember about them, how much pleasure they bring to my life. After my exams and doing all the essays I like to go back home and reading a book near my fish friends. They cannot say but I know that I have the invisible connection between them and me on an energetic level.
It's difficult to explain, as words can not do that. I can only feel it. I learned about it a lot and wrote articles about this topic. They say that our world is with a lot of miracles. We cannot explain lots of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back