Status
Not open for further replies.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many things around this topic that I forget that start was about aquarium. I have a small one, all the same when I entered university my life was totally changed and I lost connection with my small friends. I remember about them, how much pleasure they bring to my life. After my exams and doing all the essays I like to go back home and reading a book near my fish friends. They cannot say but I know that I have the invisible connection between them and me on an energetic level.
It's difficult to explain, as words can not do that. I can only feel it. I learned about it a lot and wrote articles about this topic. They say that our world is with a lot of miracles. We cannot explain lots of things.
Very nice. Big welcome to R2R.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and Björn are visiting my favorite aquarium of the whole world and you leave me here, an old man forced to work in the temporary aquarium alone. You have no hearth at all. :mad:

IMG_20191015_102602.jpg

This song is for both of you - with English translation :D:D:D:D;)

Have a good time in France - take a lot of pictures - :)

Sincerely Lasse

Lasse, think of all the Sushi. All-You-Can-Eat, Sushi. Parrot fish my favorite. Hahaha

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here’s a large skimmer. Probably the same volume as our old “large” reef tank had.. :D
9E479A9B-D319-45BD-9451-99FB7BFE31A3.jpeg

I can’t give you the numbers of skimmers and filters because they were in two floors and we only had time to visit one ;)
But in short they do 5% water change a day with filtered sea water, uses lots of bioballs, sand pressure filters and sulphur reactors.

I’ll try to sneak out into the exhibition tomorrow and have a look at all the tanks from the windows.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here’s a large skimmer. Probably the same volume as our old “large” reef tank had.. :D
9E479A9B-D319-45BD-9451-99FB7BFE31A3.jpeg

I can’t give you the numbers of skimmers and filters because they were in two floors and we only had time to visit one ;)
But in short they do 5% water change a day with filtered sea water, uses lots of bioballs, sand pressure filters and sulphur reactors.

I’ll try to sneak out into the exhibition tomorrow and have a look at all the tanks from the windows.
Skimmer looks like a small nuclear reactor to me. Thanks for sharing comrade

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its because you use Apples products. In windows and android devices - it works very well with the direct upload. David - upload it to you tube and publish a link - it will work for all platforms

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its because you use Apples products. In windows and android devices - it works very well with the direct upload. David - upload it to you tube and publish a link - it will work for all platforms

Sincerely Lasse
Will have to do with pictures today then :)
Here’s the large window of the ocean tank at Nausicaa.
75ECE107-CD8F-47D8-999A-75C7EEBD18EA.jpeg

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any new pics today? My work stinks today and I'm living vicariously through you. Looks like a pretty neat facility.
Just had a dinner with a really nice view!
50FC79A6-9942-4239-97AF-FE9967B4E4AA.jpeg

I can’t complain about my work this week..;Smuggrin

Here’s the manta ray again. Really beautiful. (Still uploaded from an iPhone, hope someone can see it..).

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sallstrom, you guys need a skylight, really big one 10m x 10m, level with grass, so people can see one of the reefs from above. You guys would be the only ones with this feature.
I agree. But the boring Engineers, or perhaps some rules, decided that we couldn’t have even a small windows or anything (we wanted solar tubes!) up through the grass.. We have to think of fun ways to light up the exhibit hall with leds and screens instead :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back