Status
Not open for further replies.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Now and then I throw in some beer talk in this thread to get new followers. Works every time ;)
LOL!!! Actually I have been following, as this is a great thread to say the least, but now I want to know how it is coming along, thus the subscription. This is a great, and epic build.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps it’s time for some corals too :)
Here’s some pictures from the temporary Aquarium this week.

2D137A61-9135-42D4-AC4C-7BE5CA407E13.jpeg
5E445DB9-AD1E-458E-8F66-C4B9E172574A.jpeg
C4E5D9EF-F4EB-4552-85ED-61BD94A69F30.jpeg
298B3249-2BD7-45CE-BC60-F62201EAEA64.jpeg
8665ABEF-2B41-466C-9BDE-32E00F6A8DFF.jpeg
9837D937-3AA5-4186-9ADE-7B29C7D4A1C3.jpeg

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And one for @Lasse
The rotifers, if there’re any left, is in the two with bucket with lids, marked ROT1 and ROT2. Beneath the phytoplankton. If you want play with rotifers this weekend.
5AB45946-5164-4C8D-AE76-72D368F829A0.jpeg

Oh, and the experiment tank is going well now. The summer is over and the temp is around 26,5 degrees, big change in the mood of the corals. They didn’t like it at 29 degrees..
4EB04884-66AB-4F69-85BF-95058B38BEC7.jpeg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Now and then I throw in some beer talk in this thread to get new followers. Works every time ;)
Glad to help! :p

Tomorrow we can talk coffee ;)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My colleague working at the Temporary Aquarium today sent this. Stairway to heav... the new Aquarium! It’s not quite ready yet, but still a big step for us :D

2106F8C1-D25A-4884-A449-940B3A1DC779.jpeg

For those not reading every post, the new Aquarium is underground and will be connected to the maritime museum (where the old Aquarium was located) by these stairs, plus an elevator. So we will still be one museum.

Edit. The walls and bricks to the left is not new, it’s the old building from 1933.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you can't have a stairway that long without a landing....

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the new Aquarium is underground
I have been with construction and start up of a large public aquarium before - David not - when this is over he will rename it to stairway to hell :D:D But I survive that - David will too

Sincerely Lasse

Last edited:

eatyourpeas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined and this was the first thread I read (and am now following!), and what a treat to be allowed to participate in this adventure. Thank you so much for sharing!

I am learning about marine aquariums because I would like to start a Puget Sound biotope to house a couple of Rhamphocottus richardsonii, and am looking at kelp as the macro algae.

I am looking forward to a lot of studying! :)

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just joined and this was the first thread I read (and am now following!), and what a treat to be allowed to participate in this adventure. Thank you so much for sharing!

I am learning about marine aquariums because I would like to start a Puget Sound biotope to house a couple of Rhamphocottus richardsonii, and am looking at kelp as the macro algae.

I am looking forward to a lot of studying! :)
Thank you for following! Glad you like it.

I had to read up on Puget Sound. Wow! It's like our fjords but much much larger and with much more species. I get a bit jealous :) Some time I will sail along the coast of Seattle and Vancouver going north equipped with diving gear!

Also check out our friend @Silver Dollar and his cold water tanks too. He has a lot of great ideas for small marine temperate tanks.

OP
OP
Sallstrom

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Info on this thread and why I haven't posted in a while.

I've tried to follow the discussion on how certain people got treated/censured at R2R. For me and my employer equal treatment for all is fundamental. Unfortunately I can't find any discussions on R2R about the issue or answers from the staff on the issue. So until I know more on the issue I will wait to do updates here.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've tried to follow the discussion on how certain people got treated/censured at R2R. For me and my employer equal treatment for all is fundamental. Unfortunately I can't find any discussions on R2R about the issue or answers from the staff on the issue. So until I know more on the issue I will wait to do updates here.

Exactly the reason I have been quiet on here. ;)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that many of us European have a huge problem with that policy - me including. I have not stop writing but it must be a change in policy in this issue IMO. But for the moment - I wear my tiara with pride.

Sincerely Lasse

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely something that needs to be addressed by the forum officially. I love visiting this site, and both this thread and @najer 's are highlights for me. And I have gladly supported the site financially the last few years as well. I have found it to be an amazing, open, and welcoming community. Truly wonderful.

But if it is not that for everyone than that needs to change. I am not at all ok with supporting a community that is not welcoming and inclusive for everyone.

And to avoid hiding behind innuendo I am referring to instances where references to LGBTQ have been censored or shut down.

Tony, currently a "partner member"

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that many of us European have a huge problem with that policy - me including. I have not stop writing but it must be a change in policy in this issue IMO. But for the moment - I wear my tiara with pride.

Sincerely Lasse
I have heard about the threads or comments being censored (2nd hand because they were removed, but from multiple people), but what if anything has been said about the actual policy?

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wasn't even aware this was/had gone on. I completely agree that equality is fundamental and wonder if this is why some others haven't been about much lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back