Sweet 16 Live Sale! Happening HERE on Saturday (4/18) 2pm-Midnight EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ReefGirl87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Zoanthids, everyone is settled and opening up nicely! Everything is SO BRIGHT!! Thanks again! Here’s a couple pics for you...

285B85FD-5166-4CE1-88FA-6D7599375B1E.jpeg FB7167B0-8A87-47FD-A07F-7CB28CCCA339.jpeg

OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My package was supposed to be here yesterday morning, but due to a "mechanical failure" with a plane in Memphis, my stuff got delayed an entire day. Needless to say, yesterday was pretty stressful considering I had 19 frags coming from this sale.

Got here at 930 this morning, and everything (minus 1 questionable) is already doing great, like you couldn't even tell it took 40 hours to get here. 100% sure it survived because of the great packaging and process.

@Zoanthids couldn't be more impressed, I was expecting some loss today but it looks like everything is pretty happy and settled already. Thanks a ton!

This is awesome... we can't always control FedEx but we do try our absolute hardest to make sure everything can be safe for a longer transport than we can usually expect. We appreciate your feedback, and are so happy your stuff is doing well! Thanks everyone who has posted!

natebran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my live sale corals in the tank. They look just like the pictures and the shipping was perfect. Thanks and I look forward to the next live sale.

jd06351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got all of my frags yesterday, everything looks great! I'm really impressed with the packing, this being my first online order for corals I didn't know what to expect. Especially when the FedEx person is carrying the box sideways with it is clearly marked on all sides"this side up". Great job, keep up the great work!! The extra effort you did in packing saved what probably would have been damaged corals.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My list
Mystery box
Wwc skittle Bomb cyphastrea
Stratocaster
UC scarlet Goni
Indo orange hammer
Bachelorette party
Black mamba combo
Killer bee
Hustler
Ecc Superman porites
Hush money
Skih warrior
Rmf pink Cadillac monti
Rouge
Wanderlust
UC elctro lepto
Circus freak
Razle dazzle
I think that’s it...

So, what did you get in the mystery box?

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, what did you get in the mystery box?
Well unfortunately my order got stuck in Memphis as well so took 2 days in shipping and did not turn out as well. Still having trouble with some and others not looking good. What I can say is
Stained glass bowbanki
Some type of zoa I have no idea
Their new release mushroom I’ll look back at the name.
A chalice that dosent look the best from shipping no idea on the ID
Their new release crackle lepto

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well unfortunately my order got stuck in Memphis as well so took 2 days in shipping and did not turn out as well. Still having trouble with some and others not looking good. What I can say is
Stained glass bowbanki

Hate to hear that! Sounds like you got some good stuff in the mystery box. The one time I got one from WWC it was a bunch of low end stuff I would never have bought even if dirt cheap. I would have gotten one but I was so far over budget I couldn't pull the trigger.

@Zoanthids - For the next live sell, would you consider doing mystery boxes but break them up. Have a zoa one, mushroom one and lps one? Just a thought. I think they would be a big hit!!!

OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hate to hear that! Sounds like you got some good stuff in the mystery box. The one time I got one from WWC it was a bunch of low end stuff I would never have bought even if dirt cheap. I would have gotten one but I was so far over budget I couldn't pull the trigger.

@Zoanthids - For the next live sell, would you consider doing mystery boxes but break them up. Have a zoa one, mushroom one and lps one? Just a thought. I think they would be a big hit!!!

Absolutely, we have made that note for the next live sale.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stained glass bowbanki
Man that is a real bummer I am sorry to hear that. I really hope they all turn around for you. I am worried myself about the shipping hiccups that are going on. Not much we can do i guess. I have my set for Wednesday delivery so fingers crossed my stuff arrives ok. I am surprised they didn't label the mystery stuff or give you a name list. I guess they are truly "mystery frags".

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my corals looks great except a couple issues. One of the zoas (haven’t figured out which one it is because I can’t see the picture on my order form anymore) has 3 of its polyps that have never opened. The other two do every day. Does that mean they’re dead? I have tried it in different spots and the same 3 never open. I think it’s the Ketchum.

the other issue was theMeteor Shower Cyphastrea I purchased was supposed to look like this one but instead is brown with orange...doesn’t look entirely healthy. Here is when I first got them. I can take a recent pic tomorrow. I was just really wanting teal/pink :(

821DAEB6-9AB7-4E56-88D3-64EFB6AC8C35.png 1B291D16-87A3-4679-8963-E65497ABD588.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All my corals looks great except a couple issues. One of the zoas (haven’t figured out which one it is because I can’t see the picture on my order form anymore) has 3 of its polyps that have never opened. The other two do every day. Does that mean they’re dead? I have tried it in different spots and the same 3 never open. I think it’s the Ketchum.

the other issue was theMeteor Shower Cyphastrea I purchased was supposed to look like this one but instead is brown with orange...doesn’t look entirely healthy. Here is when I first got them. I can take a recent pic tomorrow. I was just really wanting teal/pink :(

821DAEB6-9AB7-4E56-88D3-64EFB6AC8C35.png 1B291D16-87A3-4679-8963-E65497ABD588.jpeg
For customer service email [email protected]

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do your best not to move them around too much. Zoa's will open up, and a day or two closed is nothing to worry about. They are very tolerant and can handle a wide range of conditions, but starting on the sandbed in medium/low flow is a great spot. Moving them around constantly is doing more harm than good.

With regards to the meteor shower, lighting will play a large role. In order to bring out the fluorescence you see in the coral depicted in the picture, you'll need to accommodate it with bluer lighting. It should not be expected to look like the picture when it's not under aquarium lighting.

All my best

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your best not to move them around too much. Zoa's will open up, and a day or two closed is nothing to worry about. They are very tolerant and can handle a wide range of conditions, but starting on the sandbed in medium/low flow is a great spot. Moving them around constantly is doing more harm than good.

With regards to the meteor shower, lighting will play a large role. In order to bring out the fluorescence you see in the coral depicted in the picture, you'll need to accommodate it with bluer lighting. It should not be expected to look like the picture when it's not under aquarium lighting.

All my best
Yeah, I kept them all in the sand bed for a week before I moved the two that seemed to be having issues. The Ketchum that had polyps that haven’t opened for a week and the brown MS...I didn’t move them until after a week. The MS now has two white spots on it. We have the blues up already but will increase a little more

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I kept them all in the sand bed for a week before I moved the two that seemed to be having issues. The Ketchum that had polyps that haven’t opened for a week and the brown MS...I didn’t move them until after a week. The MS now has two white spots on it. We have the blues up already but will increase a little more

Hm i'm sorry to hear that - the white spots - is that tissue receding? Definitely give reaching out to their support a go. Best wishes to you!

Treefiddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my order due to be delivered today is delayed in Utah. Looks like it won’t be here until tomorrow at best. Hoping everything makes it.

Edit: it is in Memphis now. I’m in California...

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back