Sweet Reef Corals Eye Candy Thread

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ll let it grow out and we’ll see, I know the guy in the LFS was interested in the golden speckles on the polyps the weirdest thing with it is the polyps are all round the edge of the coral so they’ll be newer growth than the deep orange polyps.
That is how it appeared on my coral as well.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is how it appeared on my coral as well.
I’ll do all the tests tomorrow (I still need to get a schedule for tests - I plan to try get it every Sunday). I’d be surprised if it was due to low nutrients as the tank it was in is owned by possibly one of the best LFS’s in the south of England designed for SPS.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve found phones are often much better at getting fish pictures than coral, if your flow is rather high when taking photos then your phone may not be able to focus properly on the individual polyps.
I never had any problems catching great photos with my old iPhone X even with the glow on……but I turned it off for these current pics.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had any problems catching great photos with my old iPhone X even with the glow on……but I turned it off for these current pics.
I have the 11 pro and it’s not much better, I think my best photos have all been with fish (Specifically my CBB).
Wonder what the 13 is like with photography and coral though.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 11 pro and it’s not much better, I think my best photos have all been with fish (Specifically my CBB).
Wonder what the 13 is like with photography and coral though.
I’m showing you what corals look like with the 13 pro…..they suck. The iPhone 10 was much better

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m showing you what corals look like with the 13 pro…..they suck. The iPhone 10 was much better
Man I must be tired haha, I thought you said it was the 12.

Hopefully you can figure out a way to make the corals look nice on photo again. Have you tried Orange Tinted Cellophane?

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I must be tired haha, I thought you said it was the 12.

Hopefully you can figure out a way to make the corals look nice on photo again. Have you tried Orange Tinted Cellophane?
I haven’t tried cellophane but I have probably 20 different types of clip on filters and none of them correct it.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got this one in last week and wow, this thing is stunning. The pic does not even begin to do it justice. The polyps are so bright they look like little LED’s shining from the coral. Amazing! Plus I love smooth skin grani’s anyway...

TGC BUGATTI
8C96D6AA-1A39-4987-9D1F-073FD55B17F1.jpeg

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this one in last week and wow, this thing is stunning. The pic does not even begin to do it justice. The polyps are so bright they look like little LED’s shining from the coral. Amazing! Plus I love smooth skin grani’s anyway...

TGC BUGATTI
8C96D6AA-1A39-4987-9D1F-073FD55B17F1.jpeg

Heck yeah, love granulosa's!!! That piece is going to be sweet, man that one will be on my list ;)

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thought I’d post a couple @TopShelfAquatics snags I picked up in a Live Sale several weeks ago. I honestly think the BY was mispriced or something. It was half of what they normally are and this frag was huge! Got an excellent deal after using the post sale discount code. Both pieces are still coloring up but are happy as can be....

TSA BUBBLEYUM
21DB9FC3-C1E2-4477-AF97-AF18F4C338AE.jpeg

TSA KING CURACAO
Not sure what to think about this one yet. The skin is turning from blue to a purplish color that looks really nice. However, there is no hint at all that the polyps will have the flame colors that you see on the TSA website. I’m hoping that’s something that will develop as the coral matures?
4BFD8C4E-C173-4A4A-9C30-938423D171A6.jpeg

Last edited:

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I’d post a couple @TopShelfAquatics snags I picked up in a Live Sale several weeks ago. I honestly think the BY was mispriced or something. It was half of what they normally are and this frag was huge! Got an excellent deal after using the post sale discount code. Both pieces are still coloring up but are happy as can be....

TSA BUBBLEYUM

TSA KING CARACAO
Not sure what to think about this one yet. The skin is turning from blue to a purplish color that looks really nice. However, there is no hint at all that the polyps will have the flame colors that you see on the TSA website. I’m hoping that’s something that will develop as the coral matures?
Have always really liked King Curaçao but after checking out bubbleyum will need to add both to my list, awesome pieces!

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Have always really liked King Curaçao but after checking out bubbleyum will need to add both to my list, awesome pieces!
I love TSA’s stuff. After seeing the farm in person, I can say the health of their corals is unmatched. Super clean system and all the sticks just had amazing thick skin and great PE and little to no algae anywhere!

The 2 latest pieces that I’ve been drooling over are the Death Grimace and the Birdman. Love the heavily constrasted colors.

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love TSA’s stuff. After seeing the farm in person, I can say the health of their corals is unmatched. Super clean system and all the sticks just had amazing thick skin and great PE and little to no algae anywhere!

The 2 latest pieces that I’ve been drooling over are the Death Grimace and the Birdman. Love the heavily constrasted colors.
Wow, just checked them out, add em to the list

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

TSA BUBBLEYUM

TSA KING CURACAO

Glad to see them doing well! The King Curacao definitely takes some time to get the nice polyps but will get them.

The Birdman is like a cheaper RRU Angry Birds, lol.

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back