OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Glad to see them doing well! The King Curacao definitely takes some time to get the nice polyps but will get them.

The Birdman is like a cheaper RRU Angry Birds, lol.
I kinda expected that it will take some time (and maybe new growth) to get those flame polyps. :face-with-monocle:

I’m in the process of converting over to a calcium reactor so money is tight for a while. But I will definitely be gettin a Birdman asap!

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So I did some more surgery. If you’ve been following my progress with this piece then you know my frustration with the lack of red in my original RRC RAINBOW SPLICE frag and the colony it grew into. I originally made a horizontal cut across the red line on my original frag. I was able to remount that piece and foster good red growth by scraping away the green to allow more room for the red to grow out. Here’s a pic of the initial frag cut.
21913E10-8118-4BB2-A5BE-A1B5AD2863AA.jpeg

That turned into this, with a little help

After making this video, I realized a couple things that are pretty cool. The first thing I noticed is that, unlike most re-fragged corals, the original cut actually kept growing lengthwise while it was also encrusting. I can’t say that I see that very often. Usually new frags are stunted for quite some time before they start to grow again. The other thing I noticed is that the green on this original frag is kind of “landlocked” towards the base. After seeing that, I couldn’t resist....

I cut the frag at a point where all the new encrusting growth should be red!!

So in the long term, I should have an all red branch shoot up from where I cut off the frag as well as a 90% red frag for growout!! This has all been achieved from a tiny 1/16” x 1/8” streak of red on my original frag! :D:D

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I’ve been incredibly busy since my last post. Got my slice problem figured out in my golf game so I’ve been out enjoying that new found satisfaction of driving the ball 250 yds (ya I’m an old man) and straight! Most of the time anyway. I almost broke 100 last week so I’m pretty pumped. It’s unfortunate that now it’s getting cold outside so I’ll have to wait til spring to continue honing. Unless of course I pick up a simulator this winter lol

Then I had my son in laws birthday last week and my daughters is on the 2nd and my wife’s is n the 4th! Needless to say it’s been hectic…

Now on to the good stuff….So here’s a pretty rare piece that Ive been keeping under wraps for a while. It’s just starting to shoot new branches and wow, I think this piece is absolutely breath taking. This was shot in roughly 12k lighting and it looks this gorgeous!
WWC WHITE WALKER
00246F8A-74D9-42BB-B95F-BFA5FE0ED900.jpeg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been incredibly busy since my last post. Got my slice problem figured out in my golf game so I’ve been out enjoying that new found satisfaction of driving the ball 250 yds (ya I’m an old man) and straight! Most of the time anyway. I almost broke 100 last week so I’m pretty pumped. It’s unfortunate that now it’s getting cold outside so I’ll have to wait til spring to continue honing. Unless of course I pick up a simulator this winter lol

Then I had my son in laws birthday last week and my daughters is on the 2nd and my wife’s is n the 4th! Needless to say it’s been hectic…

Now on to the good stuff….So here’s a pretty rare piece that Ive been keeping under wraps for a while. It’s just starting to shoot new branches and wow, I think this piece is absolutely breath taking. This was shot in roughly 12k lighting and it looks this gorgeous!
WWC WHITE WALKER
Awesome pic.

It’s funny. I hardly ever play in the summer here in Houston bc it’s too hot. I actually played for the first time since late spring bc it was finally below 95.
FE1D2FEC-D574-4BA4-948F-7D9DCFCF480E.jpeg

It had been so long I almost forgot how to keep score :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome pic.

It’s funny. I hardly ever play in the summer here in Houston bc it’s too hot. I actually played for the first time since late spring bc it was finally below 95.
FE1D2FEC-D574-4BA4-948F-7D9DCFCF480E.jpeg

It had been so long I almost forgot how to keep score :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Nice card! That off the silver T’s? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

I actually thought about you when I made the comment about the simulator.

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thats great! This is my first season after not swinging a club for 30 years. Breaking 100 is my goal for the year. Don’t know if I’ll get it, but I’m trying. Finding out I was using a senior Flex shaft and switching to a regular flex made a huge difference!

I’ve got a lot to learn…

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats great! This is my first season after not swinging a club for 30 years. Breaking 100 is my goal for the year. Don’t know if I’ll get it, but I’m trying. Finding out I was using a senior Flex shaft and switching to a regular flex made a huge difference!

I’ve got a lot to learn…
I would of loved to have seen your face when you walked into a golf store after not playing since the 90’s :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve got a lot to learn…
This where my tee shot on 17 ended up
50D55E3A-DAEA-4E24-A370-0AD14FF99DBA.jpeg

OP
OP
Sweet Reef Corals

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would of loved to have seen your face when you walked into a golf store after not playing since the 90’s :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
LOL
I actually hired a pro for a couple hours of lessons and when he seen me slice the crap out of my drive he said whoa, let me see that club. Then he explained the shaft differences and told me I need a reg flex.

My son has been playing a bit with his friends so I checked his driver. It’s a Hot Launch HL3 OS Tour Edge with a regular flex shaft, standard length. So I took it to the range and wow, what an improvement. So again, I have a lot to learn. Working on extending my rotation now….

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL
I actually hired a pro for a couple hours of lessons and when he seen me slice the crap out of my drive he said whoa, let me see that club. Then he explained the shaft differences and told me I need a reg flex.

My son has been playing a bit with his friends so I checked his driver. It’s a Hot Launch HL3 OS Tour Edge with a regular flex shaft, standard length. So I took it to the range and wow, what an improvement. So again, I have a lot to learn. Working on extending my rotation now….

Heabel7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

WWC WHITE WALKER
Can’t wait till you drag this guy!

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
W

WWC WHITE WALKER

Wow Jesse! Just Wow!!!

Back