SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes me very happy. :)
Makes me happy too! Thanks for your help Najer!

giphy.gif
Thanks for all the help with him Big G!

Makes me smile. Thank you for keeping us updated. I think we all love this little guy now!
A big reason he madeit was all the well wishes and love you everyone sent! Thank you DeniseAndy

Congrats! He’s made it!
He did! He is really a fighter. Thank you Zionas

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
great news :cool:

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just went through this thread, and great job to everyone! Not many people would have gone this far to save a clownfish
The help everyone gave me with my little guy was lifesaving. At 3 days in when I was certain he was not suffering and seemed to be trying to swim right and eat, I had to do everything I could to get him through.
He has such an awesome personality and spirit.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The help everyone gave me with my little guy was lifesaving. At 3 days in when I was certain he was not suffering and seemed to be trying to swim right and eat, I had to do everything I could to get him through.
He has such an awesome personality and spirit.

Wait until the little fighter bites you for the first time and tell us what you call it! ;)

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great to know. In the ocean Clowns defend their territory, biting sharks if they have to.
I bet they would! Mine is a little teddy bear right now since it’s young.

Wait until the little fighter bites you for the first time and tell us what you call it! ;)
Yes, I’m pretty sure the day will come where he’s gonna bite me. Although, maybe I can train him not to somehow...maybe hand feed him?

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is luck of the draw and certain species are worse, I have 2 pairs and have never been bitten.
I can’t imagine your babies ever biting you.

Hopefully my guy will be the same. Otherwise he and I are gonna need to watch Finding Nemo together and discuss what is acceptable in this house.
1595077195734.gif

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a mated pair of tomatos and they don't pay me any mind when I put my hand in the tank lol
I just checked them out on your build thread. They are beautiful and even better that they are well behaved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Acclimation from one tank to another is very important. Do it as if you just came home from store with a new fish.

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acclimation from one tank to another is very important. Do it as if you just came home from store with a new fish.
I do. My tanks are all kept same temp and same salinity. I still float them in a bag for a while to see how other fish are reacting. Everyone else that got transferred was fine.

This guy just got the crap beat out of him by the angel. Angel got rehomed so I won’t run into that problem again ;)

RickG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so awesome! I have a yellow eye kole tang that is battling the same thing right now. I had placed him in my display and I think he got bullied by scopas possibly rupturing his swim bladder. At least thats my best guess. He is buoyant and tries to turn himself around like your clownfish. I started hand feeding him mysis with a pipette and turned off my pumps. Have some hope after reading this thread! Will try your treatment plan

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is so awesome! I have a yellow eye kole tang that is battling the same thing right now. I had placed him in my display and I think he got bullied by scopas possibly rupturing his swim bladder. At least thats my best guess. He is buoyant and tries to turn himself around like your clownfish. I started hand feeding him mysis with a pipette and turned off my pumps. Have some hope after reading this thread! Will try your treatment plan
Wishing you good luck with your kole tang! If he is eating from the pipette, that’s a good sign.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back