OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would move the rock and coral to the dt BUT I dont qt, get it in the 10 with that piece of rock, at 10g it will be easier to judge potential treatments imo.
That sounds like a really good plan @najer . I can’t really see how his skin issues are doing in the bucket. He seemed really stressed yesterday with the move and all. Today he seems to be back to his inquisitive self (without appetite) And swimming well so I think I’m gonna leave him in bucket today and get him over there tomorrow. I’ll get tank ready for him today though.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a really good plan @najer . I can’t really see how his skin issues are doing in the bucket. He seemed really stressed yesterday with the move and all. Today he seems to be back to his inquisitive self (without appetite) And swimming well so I think I’m gonna leave him in bucket today and get him over there tomorrow. I’ll get tank ready for him today though.

Cheap sand or gravel you can sacrifice, plastic plants, places to be shy in!

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap sand or gravel you can sacrifice, plastic plants, places to be shy in!
Good point. I’ll put some stuff in the tank along with that rock so he can hide.

He never was one to hide unless he sees a net coming. But he was hiding in the pvc yesterday morning when he was not feeling well.

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12 Update

little guy is now in the 10 gallon nano. Thanks @najer .

I can definitely see him better through glass, and I hope he is less stressed. the stuff on his scales is still there but not quite as bad. I pre dosed the tank with General Cure to match the bucket water.

He ate 2 blackworms gut loaded with beta glucan (thanks @Big G ) last night and one this morning. He normally eats as many as I put in.

He is swimming normally, no hiding, and comes over to me anytime I’m near the tank.

4E19BD75-3840-42A0-A909-23C6C0A1132D.jpeg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12 Update

I can definitely see him better through glass, and I hope he is less stressed. the stuff on his scales is still there but not quite as bad. I pre dosed the tank with General Cure to match the bucket water.

He ate 2 blackworms gut loaded with beta glucan (thanks @Big G ) last night and one this morning. He normally eats as many as I put in.

He is swimming normally, no hiding, and comes over to me anytime I’m near the tank.

He looks like a fighter. :)

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 12 Update

Glad to see him doing better! This thread is a great learning experience on how to passionately work to save a fish. Lots of great advice to file away for later.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job @SMSREEF!! One, for working so hard to save the little guy and 2, for documenting everything so well. It will be helpful to others in the future. I really hope little clown pulls through for you!

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks like a fighter. :)
He certainly is! I don’t think I have ever seen a fish fight so hard to recover. I swear early on he was doing Physical Therapy practicing swimming through plumbing parts. Granted it started sideways swimming about 5 days in, but in 2 days he was upright. And it’s weird because he never swam through them before that.

Glad to see him doing better! This thread is a great learning experience on how to passionately work to save a fish. Lots of great advice to file away for later.

Great job @SMSREEF!! One, for working so hard to save the little guy and 2, for documenting everything so well. It will be helpful to others in the future. I really hope little clown pulls through for you!

Thanks @DiefsReef and @TriggerFinger That’s kinda why I wanted to document. Because I had gotten advice from a trusted LFS that he would not recover and that I should probably euthanize. But I found that study that said fish do recover from swim bladder rupture. And spoke to another LFS guy that said he would recover so I decided to try.
Thank goodness for the R2R advice and well wishes we have gotten along the way, it really really helped.

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 13 Update

Just a quick update.

Swimming : Normal Clown Swimming. Totally upright and has good aim with food.

Appetite : not quite back to normal. In morning only ate 1 blackworm. At night ate 5. Still not sure why.

Skin Issue : looking better. Assume lympho and that the beta glucan gut loaded worms are helping.

Changes today. Added 2nd dose of general cure per directions.
18B5C409-A23D-41A5-A367-D88097DA8256.jpeg

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 14 Update

Swimming : Normal Clown swimming. Also seems to be exploring more.

Appetite : Better! Close to normal. In morning ate 6 blackworm. Afternoon ran around the tank after mysis. I am thinking the general cure or beta glucan or combination helped.

Skin Issue : Very close to normal. There are no more obvious growths/lesions. Assume lympho and that the beta glucan gut loaded worms help

Changes today. None.

Plan is to do small water change and add carbon tomorrow to remove meds. Then give him a few more days on his own to make sure he has healed and then add him to the 60 cube early next week.

I will hold off on further updates unless I run into problems and need guidance. But right now he is looking and acting fabulous.

I will post a Pic of him in the 60 cube to close out the thread next week.
5CBB0B02-A4E4-429C-B131-07A6A7991532.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
AMAZING...THANKS..too all who helped this priceless lil clown :cool:

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AMAZING...THANKS..too all who helped this priceless lil clown :cool:
Yes there was a lot of help and well wishes from everyone on this thread and My little guy is better because of all you R2R Angels!

Amazing come back! Congratulations on your Dr skills and to everyone else for the advice you all gave!
thanks NashobaTec!
I only play Dr.
@Big G is the real Dr ;)

OP
OP
SMSREEF

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little guy is doing fantastic and just got upgraded to the 60 cube.
He looks so small in it. None of my other fish are even paying him any attention, which I am very happy about. He is playing in the flow of the wavemakers and seems to not be the slightest bit phased by the transfer.

I would normally turn the lights off, but he is curious and checking everything out.
F1A4B9A3-C65E-4C0D-B2AD-21D915022F94.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back