Swiss Red Sea Max Nano (20g)

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think I might start one just for me to see progression of the tank over time.
To be honest, I just bought 2 new AI Hydra 32 HD for the new red sea reefer 200 xl and my plan is to have 4-5 acros on top and some other sps.. plus some LPS on the bottom (its bare bottom)

The tank is already running since August 7 and I guess cycling is more or less done..

so basically it will be a mixed reef.. but yeah.. i got hit hard by acros.. kinda addicted and want to show me that I can grow a frag to a colony.. thats what I wanna proof to myself...
I posted this in the wrong thread, lol.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this in the wrong thread, lol.
no problem, brother :)
We understand eachother haha.

I will lets you know when I installed the 2 Hydras.
Im looking forward to see it in action.. I mean.... I was never 100% happy with the radion and its light/look.
Hopefully the Hydras will make me happy though.

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I feel your side of the world has some killer SPS corals. I follow a handful (or 100 handfuls) of pages on IG and nearly all the SPS posts I like reside there lol
wow I was thinking the opposite.
I mean most of the corals are maricultured here and imported from Bali. There almost no coral vendor who sells aquacultured WYSIWYG stufflike your vendors in the US.

Are you mostly into SPS?

Katherine Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow I was thinking the opposite.
I mean most of the corals are maricultured here and imported from Bali. There almost no coral vendor who sells aquacultured WYSIWYG stufflike your vendors in the US.

Are you mostly into SPS?
Im mostly into LPS and Softies, but in the next 6 months I'd like to designate one of my farm tanks into a SPS grow out. I just have to work out some kinks before I take the plunge lol As well as save some money :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I want the finer selection of things :p

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im mostly into LPS and Softies, but in the next 6 months I'd like to designate one of my farm tanks into a SPS grow out. I just have to work out some kinks before I take the plunge lol As well as save some money :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: I want the finer selection of things :p
alright, gotcha! :)
I have a serious SPS addicition (Acropora)... because, I was out of the hobby for years and now I am 34 years aold and started again lol.. I just want to proof myself that I can grow Acro frags into colonies, thats all..

Katherine Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright, gotcha! :)
I have a serious SPS addicition (Acropora)... because, I was out of the hobby for years and now I am 34 years aold and started again lol.. I just want to proof myself that I can grow Acro frags into colonies, thats all..
I think with how far the industry has come with aquaculture and the things we know now vs 5 years ago, you will have no problem! I will be sure to check in time to time on your build! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, some new frags came in yesterday.

EC Tangerine Dream Acro
EC Rainbow Abrotanoides
EC Pink Cadillac
EC Aquaman Table Acro
EC Ridiculous Red Mille
EC Red Blue Spathulata
EC Hot Mess Mille

E3946A3F-D9F2-4EAC-AB38-A72F12F3A2EC.jpeg

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Your corals look really good! I can’t wait to see them grow out!

Following!

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my no3 skyrocketed to 45ppm
I did start carbon dosing a week ago and did 30% WC.

As of today my no3 lowered to 32ppm and I think my carbon dosing starts to kick in.

The acros darkened alot and I hope they will get lighter and glow again when my goal of 10-15ppm no3 is reached.

Once this is reached I will try dosing NP Bacto Balance to keep my levels of nutrients.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my no3 skyrocketed to 45ppm
I did start carbon dosing a week ago and did 30% WC.

As of today my no3 lowered to 32ppm and I think my carbon dosing starts to kick in.

The acros darkened alot and I hope they will get lighter and glow again when my goal of 10-15ppm no3 is reached.

Once this is reached I will try dosing NP Bacto Balance to keep my levels of nutrients.
What are you using for carbon dosing?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back