Switched to Fritz RPM salt

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what's the magic mix time on this salt?
I mix up to 50g of saltwater at a time and can't see into the containers to know if its cloudy or anything like that.
Don't want to over mix and cause precipitation.

Mine mixes clear in less than 20 minutes. Wether Im mixing 30g or 70g.

jenkinscrew2578

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here about 20 mins.

LFS has always told me not to ever switch salt, probably because they wanted me to buy the brand they carried. I changed salt on my nano tanks and never saw a problem. Just want to make sure new water is close to same parameters. If they are way off, or to be safe, start doing very small water changes (5%-10%) when switching so you can acclimate everything to new salt parameters. Test water often during that time so you can also adjust any dosing you are doing or need to start doing.

levi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here about 20 mins.

LFS has always told me not to ever switch salt, probably because they wanted me to buy the brand they carried. I changed salt on my nano tanks and never saw a problem. Just want to make sure new water is close to same parameters. If they are way off, or to be safe, start doing very small water changes (5%-10%) when switching so you can acclimate everything to new salt parameters. Test water often during that time so you can also adjust any dosing you are doing or need to start doing.
Yup. Changing 10% weekly. I'm losing corals and trying to narrow down what is causing it. Parameters haven't changed.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to RPM a couple months ago from Aqua Forest, and couldn't be happier. Mixes up nice a quick, no residue, and is affordable.

A_game43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using it as well for about 8 months now with no issues, mixes great and my Alk, Cal and Mag are all good. We get it here for about $62 a box or so, LFS.

Dave's Nano Tanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched over about a month ago and I like everything about it. Then I got the 2 part and mag at RAP. Being the same ingredients that are in the salt allows you to tweak it right in the mixing bucket if needed. It's great for nanos too. No Parameter swings from water changes Like you would get with a "hot" salt. I plan on making a video about it soon.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave I’m waiting on this video.

I switched over about a month ago and I like everything about it. Then I got the 2 part and mag at RAP. Being the same ingredients that are in the salt allows you to tweak it right in the mixing bucket if needed. It's great for nanos too. No Parameter swings from water changes Like you would get with a "hot" salt. I plan on making a video about it soon.
I know a guy who uses rpm in his 220g and he swears by it. I’m going to switch from nsw to this once I get an rodi unit. I’m only switching because I have over 70g of saltwater in my house. What don’t you guys like about And convince me why I should use it or convince me out of it and convince me into a different saltmix

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What don’t you guys like about And convince me why I should use it or convince me out of it and convince me into a different saltmix
If you like the RPM's parameters, it mixes to them spot on. :)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to see somebody mix a flesh batch, send it to Triton Labs and post the results.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did Fritz change their packaging? The boxes I have gotten in the past were white but I went to my LFS this weekend to get a couple of boxes and they were blue instead of the usual white box.
Not sure i got my first box last month though it was white. Making the switch from reef crystals as well

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With everyone switching from io to fritz I think I have decided on fritz. It’s cheap and mixed fast. If I leave pumps on 24/7 Can I store it? Or if I store it will it precipitate?

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they updated their box, and their inside packaging to several smaller sealed bags. Instead of one big one.

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With everyone switching from io to fritz I think I have decided on fritz. It’s cheap and mixed fast. If I leave pumps on 24/7 Can I store it? Or if I store it will it precipitate?

I have people in our local group including myself that stored mixed Fritz salt water and has Alk drop over time, like within week. It drops from 8 to low 7 in days, and then down to the 6's after week or longer. Don't think there is a resolution other than to use your mixed water within a day or two. Through my experience, it is also very sensitive to heat for precipitation. If I keep my Mag drive running in the water 24/7, it gets cloudy the next day. When I use a small power head instead, it stays fairly clear. When you mix a fresh batch, it's crystal clear in under 30 minutes.

The parameters are great and it is a good salt, very consistent.

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to the pro fritz and on my second box.
My tank has had really high MG... just tested and its 1700 ppm.
Tested my fresh batch of Fritz and it's 2000 ppm. ;Wideyed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back