Switching from Current USA to 2x AI Prime HD

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I was finally able to purchase two AI Primes for my 29DT. I am currently running Current USA Orbit Marine LEDs and I’m a bit skeptical on how to properly introduce the new light due to the USA’s being less powerful. One source I found was to first start them off at 50% each and then gradually increase the percentage. What are your opinions?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start with the blues at 30% to 50% and the whites at half that, 15% to 25%. Then every week or two, bump them up until you get to something like 60% to 80% blue and 30% to 40% white. These levels should be for 6 to 8 hours with ramp up and ramp down at whatever rate you want. I only run red and greens during the midday high intensity light period when the zooxanthellae are doing photosynthesis.

OP
OP
IE Reefer

IE Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd start with the blues at 30% to 50% and the whites at half that, 15% to 25%. Then every week or two, bump them up until you get to something like 60% to 80% blue and 30% to 40% white. These levels should be for 6 to 8 hours with ramp up and ramp down at whatever rate you want. I only run red and greens during the midday high intensity light period when the zooxanthellae are doing photosynthesis.
What about the other colors? Like UV, Violet, and Royal?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
idk if you can extend the acclimation mode time on the app, but that should work as well

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brs settings are good to check out as well

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the other colors? Like UV, Violet, and Royal?
UV and violet are not involved in photosynthesis, but may very well have an effect on pigment and other processes within the coral polyp. I'd use the Royal Blue at the same intensity as the other blue in your light.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back