Switching from Elimi NP to NP Bacto balance

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been using TM Elimi NP for about 2.5 Months + 5 weeks of Vibrant to get rid of some GHA/BA ,now I think with the contribution of both Iv reach a sweet spot in my nutrients 5-10 No3 and about 0.08 Po4 and just about to stop the usage of vibrant. Id like to switch over to NP Bacto balance to help maintain my parameter around my current numbers as it seems like Elimi NP removes No3 and Po4 (correct me if im wrong). Now to question is I have been dosing the recommended 0.2ml for 50 gallon of water. When making the switch should I got based off recommended dosage or start off less just like when I initially started Elimi Np?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see if we can get you answer

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been using TM Elimi NP for about 2.5 Months + 5 weeks of Vibrant to get rid of some GHA/BA ,now I think with the contribution of both Iv reach a sweet spot in my nutrients 5-10 No3 and about 0.08 Po4 and just about to stop the usage of vibrant. Id like to switch over to NP Bacto balance to help maintain my parameter around my current numbers as it seems like Elimi NP removes No3 and Po4 (correct me if im wrong). Now to question is I have been dosing the recommended 0.2ml for 50 gallon of water. When making the switch should I got based off recommended dosage or start off less just like when I initially started Elimi Np?
I have used both products. You can start with a low dose and increase based on testing for phospates.
How old is your tank ? How much do your phospates rise if you did not carbon dose ?

OP
OP
L

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 10 months old , I have made the switch but only dosing half the recommended 0.25ml I will test tomorrow to see if it caused any increase but given I have already been dosing Im not sure if just to do the recommend amount on the bottle .

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you have an update on your tank and how the transition from elimi np to bacto balance went, or is going.

OP
OP
L

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious if you have an update on your tank and how the transition from elimi np to bacto balance went, or is going.
I did switch over and followed the exact recommended dosage , I did see my PO4 rise from 0.08 to 0.13 , I gave a call to tropic marin and told me to alternate between both until my nutrients balance out , this week i switch back over to bacto balance nitrate have been constant 3-5 PPM and just started to use GFO to bring my PO4 down a bit but could also been that I had some remaining algea die off which could explain the rise in PO4

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, I'm a bacto balance user, continually struggle with excess nutrients. I'm actually using Vibrant right now and am wanting to switch back over to BB because I also use All For Reef and I like staying within the same product line, the results just seem better.

Thanks and good luck with your tank.

OP
OP
L

lx_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, I'm a bacto balance user, continually struggle with excess nutrients. I'm actually using Vibrant right now and am wanting to switch back over to BB because I also use All For Reef and I like staying within the same product line, the results just seem better.

Thanks and good luck with your tank.
I used a combo of both of vibrant and elimi np , iv heard vibrant is sort of carbon dosing but not really I wouldn’t recommend stopping carbon dosing right away and it did take a combo of 20% WC and 1 1/2 to see carbon dosing work my nitrate were in the 25-30 now hovering around 3-5ppm and same to you good luck on your tank

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a combo of both of vibrant and elimi np , iv heard vibrant is sort of carbon dosing but not really I wouldn’t recommend stopping carbon dosing right away and it did take a combo of 20% WC and 1 1/2 to see carbon dosing work my nitrate were in the 25-30 now hovering around 3-5ppm and same to you good luck on your tank

Just an update on that comment.

Vibrant is not carbon dosing. Contrary to UWC claims, it is an algaecide and I do not recommend it unless it is a synthetic algaecide (like Algaefix) that you want to use. .

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.8%
Back