Switching from Kessil 360x to G6 Radions in my 75.

jason24365

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where to begin. Price point they both cost about the same brand new. I had the kessil's on my tank for 7months and I liked them BUT the downside for people like me is that their app is very advanced and requires way more than your basic tech knowledge to run them custom just the way you want on a schedule. Also only 1 kessil came with a K-link cable but when plugged up to both lights the app where you control it would only control one light. I gave up and just set them by hand day and night. BAD JASON!!! I know, I know. Not good stability that way but to be honest I'm very hands on and it did just fine. At least I thought so until switching to the new g6 radions. Now i am not gonaa say the ''mobius'' app radions run on is perfect, but it is simplistic, easy to use, and preferred over the kessil wifi app. As for performance I am highly pleased in every way. The depth, the spread, the look, and if you like the shimmer provides you can expect about 30% of that from the g6. So overall I did enjoy my kessil 360x's and I will be putting them on another tank.BUT we are for honesty and my honest opinion is that the g6 radion is an overall better light, and Yes, I would sat they are worth the money . I hope this helps my fellow reefers and im building a new 125 planet tank that i will be recording step by step as well as recording my journey from hobbyist to professional. You can watch this crazy ride with me by following me on YOUTUBE here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLr7ltXEdVLbQwCR9BQ-XYw
I will have lots of uploads and great content dealing with many things we deal with as hobbyist on a daily basis, and much more!

Last edited:

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds exciting! Subscribed and following! Best of luck :)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back