Switching to Kessil - 3 Month Review of the A360X

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone!

Today's video has been 3 months in the making! I changed lights to Kessil! So here at the 90 day point its time to drop my first review, impressions, most importantly the results I've seen through the transition!

Please like and subscribe if you like my content and I will keep making more!

Trickman2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are your settings setup to? Time of start, intensity, custom setting for colors, etc.

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what are your settings setup to? Time of start, intensity, custom setting for colors, etc.

A pretty standard program, modified to have the intensity peak at 100%, i peak colors at like 50, and have a period at pretty blue color and 100% intensity too. I also run the UV through a similar arc, peaking at 70% as well in the early evening when the lights hit their full most blue color.

My lights turn on at 9am and turn off (or turn into the lunar mode) at 10:30pm.

IMG_4864.jpg

Mike Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A pretty standard program, modified to have the intensity peak at 100%, i peak colors at like 50, and have a period at pretty blue color and 100% intensity too. I also run the UV through a similar arc, peaking at 70% as well in the early evening when the lights hit their full most blue color.

My lights turn on at 9am and turn off (or turn into the lunar mode) at 10:30pm.

IMG_4864.jpg
Hi Marcus. Thanks for the helpful info on the new lights. I recently set up four A360x lights on a new tank but am confused on the best schedule to run. Would you mind sharing each of your 8 data points? Just a simple photo would suffice of the settings for each point. Here's mine but I suspect I'm not running high enough intensity settings and perhaps too high for the green and red. You've certainly gotten stunning results on whatever settings you are using. Thanks!
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_0012.JPG

Mike Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my light schedule, including the T5's I run as well

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 11.14.30 am.png
Thank You! I'll give this a shot...it certainly looks like a much better schedule than what I'm currently running. Thanks again for sharing.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding is that the new violet/indigo channel is not UV as it starts at 415.

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my light schedule, including the T5's I run as well

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 11.14.30 am.png

I was stumbling around out on YouTube and came across your channel and now have subscribed. Lots of great info out there. I am running a Red Reefer 250 which is about the same size of tank as yours. Also running 2 360x and T5 hybrid with 4 bulbs. Thanks posting your lighting schedule its very helpful since there really not a lot info on how folks are running their Kessil's 360x lights. I know this post from back in August of last year so you still running the schedule?

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was stumbling around out on YouTube and came across your channel and now have subscribed. Lots of great info out there. I am running a Red Reefer 250 which is about the same size of tank as yours. Also running 2 360x and T5 hybrid with 4 bulbs. Thanks posting your lighting schedule its very helpful since there really not a lot info on how folks are running their Kessil's 360x lights. I know this post from back in August of last year so you still running the schedule?

I sure am, I have not changed the schedule at all since I posted that. Have a look in my build thread for recent pictures of my tank to see the results.

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure am, I have not changed the schedule at all since I posted that. Have a look in my build thread for recent pictures of my tank to see the results.

Thanks man.. Yep I been looking through your build thread as well. If get time check mine out as well.
Again thanks for the lighting info good stuff

Marc2952

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i ha e a 4ft tank with 2 kessils but dont have T5s due to the lack of mounting options for installing one right on my rimmed tank. Do you think its fine to just use the kessils? And if so would you suggest to simply extend the light period to cover for the lack of T5s?

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i ha e a 4ft tank with 2 kessils but dont have T5s due to the lack of mounting options for installing one right on my rimmed tank. Do you think its fine to just use the kessils? And if so would you suggest to simply extend the light period to cover for the lack of T5s?

Depends on how stocked your tank is and how much SPS you have. If your mainly filled with LPS and Softies, I would just copy my schedule as a starting point. If you have a decent amount of SPS maybe experiment with a longer photo period.

Just remember as the kessils have a puck design, you will have higher par underneath the lights and lower near the edges. So coral placement will be key for you on a 4 foot tank with 2 kessils. The kessils have a really wide spread though, so your coverage will still be pretty decent even at the edges.

Michifu5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marcus,

great thread and channel. Loved it so much I converted across to the a360x. I kicked off this schedule today and was wondering what mounting height are your lights at ?

OP
OP
ReefNerd

ReefNerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marcus,

great thread and channel. Loved it so much I converted across to the a360x. I kicked off this schedule today and was wondering what mounting height are your lights at ?

Hey, thanks! Measuring from the water surface to the bottom of the lights, mine are at about 22cm

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back