Swithing to Triton doseing from ESV 2part

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 questions.

1) I run an algae scrubber and got the regular TRITON dosing containers, is that an issue?

2) Any special considerations switching from ESV 2part to TRITON? Is there a conversion chart as I use 10cc day of each part of ESV.

THanks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it Triton core 7 or triton other methods .....if its core 7 you should be running a refuguim as well...if its other methods ...an algea scrubber is an ideal addition ...
Do you know what your daily uptake is of kh ...??
Triton recommend starting at 2ml per day..not sure what that is in cc...
1 cubic centimetre is 1ml I believe

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately it is not the "other" methods.
1cc = 1ml :))
Tank eats up about 0.2 DKH day
Ok that's not much .. I would just start at about 2ml per day and test regularly...then raise or drop as necessary and core 7 has a little more iron in it for feeding the refuguim ..but if your not planning on running a refuguim on your tank...I would buy the other methods next time round ...I would read up on the salt triton recommends too use ...if yours is different ...also I run rowaphos in a reactor for my po4 and bio pellets for nitrates ..I did have s algea turf scrubber in my tank but took it out when I upgraded to a bigger skimmer and had no room left ...

OP
OP
B

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Will switch to the "other methods" once I use this batch up. The iron will make the algae reactor need more cleanings, but big deal.

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the 220 waterbox in nov 2019, and it will be arriving this week. im trying to think it out as much as possible before i get water in the tank. I have previously used 2part solution to maintain cal and alk but am thinking about doing the triton method for this new build. do you think the refugium in the sump is large enough for the method or are you running a pax bellum or some other type of reactor? can i use a klir 7 and do triton?
appreciate your advice
thanks
Michael

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our initial dosing recommendation for Core7 is 2ml per 100L and monitor your Alkalinity closely. If you see it start to decrease then increase the dose rate and alternatively, if it starts to increase then decrease your dose rate.

myakuel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey,
If i am running an auto filter roller and a refugium that is about 5% of total water volume, should i use the "other methods" if i want to do triton?
thanks

miniChou

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Will switch to the "other methods" once I use this batch up. The iron will make the algae reactor need more cleanings, but big deal.
How did this switch over work out for you? I'm considering to do the same thing - switch from ESV to Triton. I have an SPS dominant tank and I fear that the change over might be to disruptive to my tank.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 140 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.3%
Back