Symptoms from Medication?

MondoLunch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had a clownfish with stringy white poop on and off for several months. I've treated metro with garlic guard and focus for a week or so in the past. I've noticed the white poop went away, but he's getting skinnier (pinched stomach). So I finally decided to get the quarantine tank up and running and put both clowns in on Saturday with metro. I noticed tonight the fish laying at the bottom of the tank barely swimming. The other clown who was showing no symptoms is doing just fine. I'm wondering if this is normal for a fish going through treatment, or if I should put him back in the DT with his BTA's to destress? I'd love to hear from the experts!

Attachments

• 20230306_193715.mp4
    31.5 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had a clownfish with stringy white poop on and off for several months. I've treated metro with garlic guard and focus for a week or so in the past. I've noticed the white poop went away, but he's getting skinnier (pinched stomach). So I finally decided to get the quarantine tank up and running and put both clowns in on Saturday with metro. I noticed tonight the fish laying at the bottom of the tank barely swimming. The other clown who was showing no symptoms is doing just fine. I'm wondering if this is normal for a fish going through treatment, or if I should put him back in the DT with his BTA's to destress? I'd love to hear from the experts!
Tough to see anything under blue light, can you retake a clearer video under whites?
Is the ammonia in the QT being well controlled?
What dose of metronidazole are they in with now?
Metro + Focus won’t work unless you calculate the dosage to be 0.5% metro in their food.
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back