Syncing Skimz SS wavemakers

NewYorkReefer1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the new Skimz SS series wavemakers and if so, does anyone know how to sync 2 and 2 (so master-slave, master-slave) instead of syncing 3 slaves to a master? They sync wirelessly and when I try to set up two masters the slaves keep getting confused on which one to follow. Basically I want to set it up so I have two sets of wavemakers alternating the current between the two of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated l. Thanks!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with the Skimz wavemakers, but with Vortechs you have the option to synch or anti-synch(opposite program of synch) which accomplishes what you're trying to do.

If there are two distinct master-slave sets how can you assure they are working together to achieve alternate flow?

OP
OP
NewYorkReefer1988

NewYorkReefer1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with the Skimz wavemakers, but with Vortechs you have the option to synch or anti-synch(opposite program of synch) which accomplishes what you're trying to do.

If there are two distinct master-slave sets how can you assure they are working together to achieve alternate flow?

Thanks for chiming in. The problem I’m having with the anti-sync is that when I set it up I have the master engaging, then the other 3 engaging. So far I haven’t figured out a way to prevent this from happening as the mode button is completely disabled on the slaves. Otherwise I would just set two of them to anti and one to follow the master

OP
OP
NewYorkReefer1988

NewYorkReefer1988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been great especially for the price. The issue I mentioned above is still an issue though. I never was able to get two to run opposite 2 others so programming is limited with 4. I actually caught Gure fever and bought 2 250’s so I’m currently running 2 skimz on the back and two maxpect Gyres on the sides but it wasn’t because these were bad. Just couldn’t resist the Gyres, especially once they went on sale at BRS. I’d definitely recommend these especially for the price.

gt44ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been great especially for the price. The issue I mentioned above is still an issue though. I never was able to get two to run opposite 2 others so programming is limited with 4. I actually caught Gure fever and bought 2 250’s so I’m currently running 2 skimz on the back and two maxpect Gyres on the sides but it wasn’t because these were bad. Just couldn’t resist the Gyres, especially once they went on sale at BRS. I’d definitely recommend these especially for the price.
Sorry to bring back such an old thread, but I'm looking into these powerheads and it's hard to find much info on them. Which model do you have and what's the flow pattern look like? Is it tight, narrow, cone, stream, etc? Comparisons to other powerheads (MP-40s, Tunzes, Koralias, etc) are welcome.
I have a big, long tank and need to send water a long way to get some better flow going without blowing my fine sand around too much.

Thanks!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back