T-5 bulbs, PAR rating, what bulbs to use, etc....

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a link to bulb combos in post close to top of page for popular bulb combos. I personally would do either 4 blue 1 purple 1 coral or 4 blue 2 coral plus bulbs.

audi772

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sorry I should have looked forward a bit more. Thank you for pointing the link out

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 8 blubs wondering if anybody use or seen this combo or anything close

Front
Blue+
Coral +
Blue+
Guessman Lagoon Blue
Blue+
Guessman Lagoon Blue
Purple+
Blue+

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used geisman bulbs but I think I heard they are similar to blue plus just more blue without green tint. But I am not positive on that. But if they are that combo will be really blue.

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running on an all sps tank
Blue plus
Coral plus
Blue plus
Aqua blue special
Blue plus
Blue plus
Coral plus
Blue plus
There is also a link to popular combos on previous page.

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And looks like I am wrong about lagoon blue. Sounds like it's more like coral plus bulb. That combo should look good. Sorry bout that.

asmodyus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And looks like I am wrong about lagoon blue. Sounds like it's more like coral plus bulb. That combo should look good. Sorry bout that.

Yeah thanks not sure on the bulbs plus looks like there is going to be some new bulbs coming up too from Giesemann

might do this one instead
Front
Blue+
Guessman Lagoon Blue
Blue+
Aqua blue special
Blue+
Guessman Lagoon Blue
Purple+
Blue+

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm ordering new bulbs next week for my 4 bulb T5 fixture and I think I'm going to go with 3 blue plus and 1 purple plus
Does anyone rune this setup and if so can you post pics of it
I like it when the tank has a nice blue/purple hue to it and think this combo will give me what I'm after, plus it should make all my corals pop

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just replaced my 4 bulb combo over my 55 with the following setup (All lamps OD by a ice cap 660):

FRONT
Blue+
Purple+
Blue+
Blue+
BACK

The colors of my LPS are poping like never before. I'm loving this combo.

What lamp life is everyone getting with the Icecap 660s?
Can you please post a pic of your tank?
I'm getting ready to order that combo and want to make sure it will give the look that im after

jeremy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to get a pic tomorrow after work. It's a great combo. Another is 3 blue and 1 coral plus.

Chris@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, as most of you already know CoralVue has taken over distributorship for Giesemann in North America. We are expecting our first delivery of the Giesemann's new range of T5 lamps in two weeks. I'm looking for three T5 only users to be beta testers for the lamps. For consideration please email me at [email protected] along with the following information:

1. Brand, length and color of T5 lamps currently in use?
2. Which fixture brand are you using, or DIY?
3. Size of aquarium and type of corals?
4. Please provide a current photo of your aquarium.

Three hobbyists will be selected based on criteria that we have already developed. All we are asking is for honest feedback on the look and performance of the new range of Giesemann T5 lamps.

Thanks,

Chris Conti

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone

I have a 20g tank which is 1 year old, its cuboid 2feet tank and the lighting is 2*T5 HO 24W (There are only 2 slots for T5 bulbs). currently there are 9months aquaticlife white + blue bulbs so its time to change the bulbs, here in Malaysia i can only find ATi and Redsea bulbs so my choices are limited.

I have SPSs(green,blue,yellow), Frogspawns and Anemones in my tank and they have been great so far. so what i want is "A crisp color with noticeable blue undertone"

If i go for Redsea bulbs so it would be like : BlueWhite 15000K + Actinic 22000K

and

If i go for ATi, i prefer to have the True Actinic cause i heard and read that ATi's True Actinic will improve the health and growth of corals (specially SPSs), so my choices preferably be like:

True Actinic + Coral Plus
or
True Actinic + Blue Plus
or
True Actinic + Aquablue Special

So please guys let me know what do you think and please give me some suggestions

If you need growth for corals I would recommend ATI blue plus + ATI Aquablue special. No need for actinic coz the blue plus is a mix of actinic and blue. here's a link to ati combo FAQ site Aquarium lighting and fltration. Frequently Asked Questions for the SunPower and Powermodule T5 High Output Fixtures, PowerCone Protein Skimmer, T5 High Output Bulbs, Reef Salts and Water Care Products. FAQ - ATI North America.

Arnie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 ATI's on my 29 gallon, they are replacements for the AquaticLife stock bulbs. They made a serious difference in how the tank looks and the corals look very happy now.

2 AquaticLife 30" fixtures combined into one:
1 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Purple Plus
1 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Aquablue Special

I noticed some of the links at the beginning of the thread are broke, here is where I found some of the info I used to make my choices:
Reef Aquarium Lighting - Lamps and lamp combinations

Hi there... i just ordered my new bulbs...

4 bulb t5 on 65g 36"
2 ati blue+
2 ati coral+

Do you have any pics of your tank. I was actually considering getting some aquablue special to test... on looks.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back