T5 bulb combo in LED/T5 hybrid fixtures

JasonKlink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have SPS dominate tanks lit by Aquatic Life T5 hybrid fixtures with G4 Radions Pros. I’ve been running an actinic and blue + bulb in each side of the fixture. I would like to hear what T5 bulb combo others are running with their Radions. Additionally, how long are you running the T5’s? When are you running them compared to your Radion schedule?

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also running Actinic and blue plus in a Aquatic life fixture with G4 XR30 pros.
I run the t5’s for 8 hours in the middle of a 12 hour schedule that mirrors what WWC runs.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48” hybrid fixture, and although I use four hydra 26hd’s and not radions, but like the above I too use 2-blue+ and 2-actinic.

Leds- 12:30pm - 1030pm(2hr ramps)
T5s- 3:30pm - 7:30pm

Last edited:

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really thinking about going T5/ LED on my 75g build, and I have a question...… are the T5s controllable with out having an apex or anything like that? I would want to have them ramp up and down, or is that even possible?
I currently have 2 AI Prime HDs for the tank and I think it may work for the coral that I have in there right now.... I don't have any SPS and I don't think I will have any in the near future either.....

not trying to thread jack, just wanted to get some input from you guys that are running them.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am really thinking about going T5/ LED on my 75g build, and I have a question...… are the T5s controllable with out having an apex or anything like that? I would want to have them ramp up and down, or is that even possible?
I currently have 2 AI Prime HDs for the tank and I think it may work for the coral that I have in there right now.... I don't have any SPS and I don't think I will have any in the near future either.....

not trying to thread jack, just wanted to get some input from you guys that are running them.

IMO if your led lights are already going, a quick flip on with the t5s makes no difference.

To me it’s just more complex. Mine are only on for 4hrs a day during mid-day.

Any reason you need to have the t5s dim/ramp?

Barnabie Mejia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO if your led lights are already going, a quick flip on with the t5s makes no difference.

To me it’s just more complex. Mine are only on for 4hrs a day during mid-day.

Any reason you need to have the t5s dim/ramp?
I just figured they would ramp up with the LEDs? I honestly don't know how the T5s work... would I need to acclimate the tank to the T5s if I were to go that route?

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah forget dimmable T5s. Thats what the LEDs are for. I asked the same question and glad I did, because T5s as on/off in a hybrid are perfect.

As far as acclimation to the T5s, you can start high and lower them if your fixture allows, or match PAR by lowering your existing schedule intensity. T5 seems to be easier to acclimate in general, no hotspots and the corals are used to the spectrum.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup and am running two ATI Coral+ and two ATI Blue+ bulbs. I have the Radions coming on and hour before, and stay on an hour after the T5s (the T5s are on about 8 hours). I did reduce my overall intensity of the Radions quite a bit after adding the T5s.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same setup and am running two ATI Coral+ and two ATI Blue+ bulbs. I have the Radions coming on and hour before, and stay on an hour after the T5s (the T5s are on about 8 hours). I did reduce my overall intensity of the Radions quite a bit after adding the T5s.
I use kessils, but use the exact same T5 combo, with my LED’s doing the ramp up and down.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back