T5 Hybrid with 2 AI Prime 16HD on 90g

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello folks,

I currently have 2 AI Prime 16 Hds over my 90g Standard Display. Also over my display is the hybrid T5 light.

Right now I primarily use the AI primes with only 2 out of the 4 lights currently (T5 on only 4 hours). Reason was the T5 lights was a upgrade. They are 7 inches above water. (Canopy can be lifted / Rebuilt if needed)

I'm trying to transition to the AI primes supplementing my T5.

I've read plenty of bulb requirements. Including I really like my AI prime settings.

My question is I rarely see configurations that is for a LPS dominant tank for lower Par requirements.

Questions.

What is the best method to start using primarily T5 lights and using AI Primes to supplement.

Also what is your personal bulb selection and settings for the AI primes.

I do enjoy the blue tint to the tank more.

Thank you!

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the input. My biggest deal is should I put them at 50% of his settings in acclimation mode? I worry about bleaching. I know for my tank the T5 4 bulb would be enough but I like the added features of the AIs.

Plan on having T5s turn on at peak, then turn off during decline.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my t5s 8 hours and use the my non HD hydras to get the color I want + some extra PAR, with a ramp down of 2 hours for the LED for a slower sunrise/sunsetI for 12 hours total with 8 at “full power”. I pretty much run my blue spectrum LED at 60ish% and the whites and other colors at 30ish%

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually run the Saxby profile on my AI lights. I would continue to run them on whatever setting you currently have or just switch now to the Saxby as stated above.

As for the T5s, I would just run all four starting at your baseline of 4 hours and add an hour of T5 light every week. A 90 gallon is a little deeper tank, so you may be okay just running the Saxby profile as it only ramps up to about 50% of the lights max wattage.

mikereefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 T5's and 2 AI primes(HD) over my 66g. I run my T5's over 8 hours and AI primes over 10 hrs (1 hr ramp up on either end). I run the AI primes at 10% cool whites and the rest are higher on the blue/uv/purple spectrum. I let my T5 (ATI coral plus) bulbs do most of the work.

OP
OP
J

JTremonte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you send your settings? Also how does your par look? I'm worried about frying any corals not in shade. I ordered a few different bulbs but currently there are antinic blue and blue plus on the system.

Back