T5 Hybrid with Radion G5s

Crytpotank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Radion G5s with the Aquatic Life T5 Hybrid light fixture. Struggling to find the correct combination. Lights are 8 inches off the water and tough to raise. Below are examples of what the PAR reads when I tried a bunch of combinations. Issue is wanting to get enough out of my LEDs I paid for but not burning the corals when the T5 comes on. Stupid to let LEDs go normal for few hours than lower % of power on LED while T5s come on?

Tank - 24 inches deep

PAR reading middle of the tank
- Only Radions set 15% = 35 PAR

- Radions (15%) with T5 = 150 PAR. (Concern with this combo is Im not getting enough from my LEDs I paid for?)

- Only Radions (25%) = 60 PAR

- Radions (25%) with T5 = 200 PAR (Concerned this is too much light for the middle of the tank? 430 PAR 6 inches under the surface)

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, 200 PAR in the middle of the tank is not to much. You also have to consider that PAR from an LED is much harsher than PAR from a T5. It would be hard for you to hurt your corals with T5 bulbs. If I were you, I would go with the higher setting and even consider slowly increasing the output of you LED’s. I have LPS sitting at 250 PAR with a T5 hybrid running Hydra 26 HD’s.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back