T5/led hybrid (2x coral plus/2x blue plus) tenuis owners, pictures requested

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

This is a pretty narrow request, but I’m looking for people that run t5 hybrid (2x coral plus & 2 blue plus bulbs with led.

If you have this lighting system I would love to see some pictures of your tenuis so I could learn a bit more.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bump :) I do run a led/t5 combo but mine are blue plus and purple plus. The combo you're requesting is quite common. Hopefully we can get you some pics! Best of luck!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this exact combo in a SPS tank but what exactly are you trying to learn? I think the primary difference you will see with this setup from tank to tank is due to the LEDs (intensity and spectrum). I have posted some recent pics (phone pics unfortunately) of some of my SPS in my build thread if you want to check it out. I am running those 4 bulbs along with two Radion Pros at 50% intensity in the 18K range.

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill post some pics when I get home from work in 3-4 hours of my setup. I have a pair of Kessil a360x and 2 coral+ and 2 blue+ T5’s on my 75g tank.

Growth wise, my Hollywood stunner chalice is HUGE and grows like a weed, my acans have gone from 4 heads to about 20 something heads, my Duncan has gone from 3 heads to about 9 heads, my GSP and green dragon eye zoas keep expanding, my trachy is full and colorful as ever, toadstool leather has split into two heads, and my anacropora sps gets about a quarter to half inch of growth a month.

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

This is a pretty narrow request, but I’m looking for people that run t5 hybrid (2x coral plus & 2 blue plus bulbs with led.

If you have this lighting system I would love to see some pictures of your tenuis so I could learn a bit more.
Just got home and snapped this pic of my 75g tank with a pair of Kessil a360x’s and (2) coral+ and (2) blue+ T5 bulbs. Have it all mounted in an Aquatic Life T5/LED Hybrid fixture.
3454696A-EB25-44D2-8F01-4ED73EF95F75.jpeg

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this exact combo in a SPS tank but what exactly are you trying to learn? I think the primary difference you will see with this setup from tank to tank is due to the LEDs (intensity and spectrum). I have posted some recent pics (phone pics unfortunately) of some of my SPS in my build thread if you want to check it out. I am running those 4 bulbs along with two Radion Pros at 50% intensity in the 18K range.
I was actually going to check out your build thread, but.... Your build thread badge says "page not found" when you click on it.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually going to check out your build thread, but.... Your build thread badge says "page not found" when you click on it.
Strange......it works for me unless I paste the link into a new window. I resaved it and it seems to be working now......let me know if you can view it.

OP
OP
ReefHunter006

ReefHunter006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I am asking is because for about a year now, I’ve had a few tenuis frags that have great color on the body, but the polyps have turned and stayed brown for a very long time. I haven’t noticed any issues with growth or anything else. I have been unable to determine any other reasons for this than maybe par or bulb combo. I’ve been trying to find an answer for a long time and light is what I’m looking at now. This effects tenuis the most.

example below
Frag when I first got it

62F8774E-5BCD-4F47-851C-8EA1304E9C60.jpeg

frag today with distinctly darker/brown polyps.
DD407887-8BFD-4580-BA78-956F8778FE64.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back