Mr.Rocc's 40 Nuvo Build (Picture heavy!!!)

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no update today guys and gals! Im stuck at a team meeting. So heres my view for the night, im not good at paying attention at these meetings anyhow.

IMG_20170816_165017969.jpg

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it was super hard trying to upload from the beach sooo here ya go!
Here is my weak SPS collection!

IMG_2642.JPG

IMG_2641.JPG

IMG_2611.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a true update here. I bought the rastas with one head in January. They went through the big algae bloom and survived and have been growing. Utters I bought with one head in February there is over 12 heads and ton of babies. The twizzlers were the same story as the utters. I got them with one head and I have maybe 30-35 heads. The CB rainbow infusions I bought in June of this year with one big head and a tiny baby it has 4 heads and that little guy on the side. The Pink kraks I bought with 2 heads in June and now has 7 heads I believe. I bought these both from @
Ill update on the other zoas maybe tomorrow or something I dont know.

IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2637.JPG

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how do you like the lighting of the Kessil? In the first few picture from original post it looks like the Kessil may miss the top corners due to the angle the light comes out? Or does it just appear that way in the photo?

Trying to plan my own tank right now, 40-55 gallons so trying to decide lighting and all that. Love those clownfish btw, I want some frostbites of my own - or mochavincis.

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey how do you like the lighting of the Kessil? In the first few picture from original post it looks like the Kessil may miss the top corners due to the angle the light comes out? Or does it just appear that way in the photo?

Trying to plan my own tank right now, 40-55 gallons so trying to decide lighting and all that. Love those clownfish btw, I want some frostbites of my own - or mochavincis.
The kessils are great lights don't get me wrong but I personally felt I needed the light higher then normal to get appropriate par levels for what I wanted. And even then I had a ton of light spilling over. I think it would work wonders on bigger tanks but not for me. I got a killer deal on these frostbites. I was looking for snowflakes or Picasso's. But they sold them to me for 75$ for both at RAP.

Slayvoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kessils are great lights don't get me wrong but I personally felt I needed the light higher then normal to get appropriate par levels for what I wanted. And even then I had a ton of light spilling over. I think it would work wonders on bigger tanks but not for me. I got a killer deal on these frostbites. I was looking for snowflakes or Picasso's. But they sold them to me for 75$ for both at RAP.
Wow nice. So if you were to use a Kessil on a larger tank, say 50-55, would you place the light higher so that the cone of light widens more to capture the whole tank? Or would you need 2?

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice. So if you were to use a Kessil on a larger tank, say 50-55, would you place the light higher so that the cone of light widens more to capture the whole tank? Or would you need 2?
Those are 4 foot? It doesn't really matter but the kessil was good at getting the par readings right under the light and maybe a 16-18" circle around that. But all the corners get shaded and not enough light. Personally if your going to go the kessil route and your growing sps. I would supplement the light with t5s. But if your going to run solely kessils, yes you will forsure needs 2.

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little full tank before tonight photo shoot!
Alk - 8.0dkh
Calc - 450
Mg ~1400
Temp - 82 Fahrenheit
Salinity - 1.026 @ 35ppm
Phosphate - 0.00 with no algae
Nitrates-.... I don't test unless it looks like there's an issue.
I dose 1ml of Red Sea Coral Colors every 3 days
I dose 8ml of Red Sea Reef Energy everynight
Feed them Reefroids, acropower, brs chili, and powder zooplankton every 2-3 days.

IMG_2667.JPG

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here is the night time update! I am debuting my leprechauns, candy red apples, and some new SPS. So unfortunately my aperture was off so they came out blurry and I didnt notice until I uploaded them sooo here ya go.

IMG_2671.JPG

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2685.JPG

IMG_2694.JPG

OP
OP
Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And! So everything is running well. Im having some temp issues keeping it consistant. Its fluctuating with our wacky weather. I think im going to upgrade to 2 125w heaters. My Cobalt just isnt doing to job anymore.

IMG_2775.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

IMG_2784.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back