Tailspot blenny and firefish biocube 29

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a biocube 29 with 2 clowns, 1 green chromis and a firefish. Firefish was added just over a month ago and has his cave well established. He is doing great. Eating and coming out from time to time. I would like to add a blenny. From what I have read I feel the tailspot would be a good candidate because of its reported peaceful disposition and smaller size. The only reservation I have is its compatibility with the firefish. There are a few other caves and plenty of live rock for the blenny to claim his own territory, but being a small tank I'm still unsure. Anybody have any experience with these two fish in a similar size tank? I'm hopping that because the firefish was added first and has his territory that it will be fine. I have been known to be wrong though

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine, since the firefish was in first. The stigmatura will chose a hole in the rocks.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with eatbreakfast that they should be fine.

That said, the firefish should be out more than "from time to time" and since the blenny may be a little active/intimidating I might give the firefish some more time to settle in before introducing the blenny.

Good luck

OP
OP
jk_s124

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with eatbreakfast that they should be fine.

That said, the firefish should be out more than "from time to time" and since the blenny may be a little active/intimidating I might give the firefish some more time to settle in before introducing the blenny.

Good luck
Thanks. That sounds like great advice.

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are pretty peaceful, should be no issues, both may be shy at first but come out more as they get used to you

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.6%
Back