TSM Aquatics

Echo2656

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I am thinking about getting a tailspot blenny for my 20 gallon and I have heard that they mostly eat a herbivore diet eating like algae flakes and grazing on algae in the tank. But I have also heard they will go for carnivore flakes and frozen brine or mysis. What should I feed mine if I get it?

Nutramar Foods
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

i cant think

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So I am thinking about getting a tailspot blenny for my 20 gallon and I have heard that they mostly eat a herbivore diet eating like algae flakes and grazing on algae in the tank. But I have also heard they will go for carnivore flakes and frozen brine or mysis. What should I feed mine if I get it?
Just a heads up, Escenius is a rather known genus of blennies that will potentially eat coral (Specifically SPS).

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lyss

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Mine has nipped at and killed every SPS frag I've ever put in my tank for sure. He also stripped the stalk of a Duncan and that one eventually died, too. All other LPS and softies have been fine.

I feed my guy Easy Mastick and he loves that. Aside from that he'll eat ROE, and he picks at the rocks all day long.

I'm very attached to mine for sentimental reasons, but if I had to do it over I would only have one of them in a tank I planned to be mostly softies and maybe a few LPS.

JoJosReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Mine like ROE and TDO Chromaboost small pellets--and medium pellets that are supposed to be for the firefish, but it's funny when TSB goes for it and doesn't know what to do with such a large pellet! Also picks at the rocks all day. Pods have vanished from my glass, too.

AquaSD
OP
Echo2656

Echo2656

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Mine like ROE and TDO Chromaboost small pellets--and medium pellets that are supposed to be for the firefish, but it's funny when TSB goes for it and doesn't know what to do with such a large pellet! Also picks at the rocks all day. Pods have vanished from my glass, too.
I have two that pick at the rock. I feed fish eggs, mysis, plankton, and krill. Not sure what they like best, but they look fat. I do know they like TDO Chromaboost that I also feed sporadically.
Thank you, I will try some of these w/ mine.

TSM Aquatics

How much do you love or hate zoanthids?

• LOVE LOVE LOVE

Votes: 96 42.3%
  • Like them

Votes: 77 33.9%
  • Neither like or dislike

Votes: 32 14.1%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • HATE HATE HATE

Votes: 11 4.8%