OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I did the second dose of prazipro after a 25% water change. He is still flashing on the rocks. Assuming this dose doesn't have an effect and it wasn't flukes, etc... What would my next course of action be? I'm guessing I should wait the 5-7 days? I wanna be prepared with the right stuff. Cupramine is ordered. Again he's eating all the time.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go ahead and do the copper treatment, especially as both ich and velvet are prevalent in the hobby today.

Prazi-Pro will have done whatever it's going to do within 24-48 hours - but doesn't always play well with copper in the same water. Another water change before beginning copper wouldn't hurt.

~Bruce

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Blenny is still flashing, though seems less frequent. Stringy brown poop is still there. I'm trying to get him to eat more algae/veggie based food. Any suggestions? I'm hoping he's just a little blocked up. I read on a freshwater site that peas are great for that.
Cupramine is still on its way as well as Metro & Focus just in case
Saturday will be the next water change and the end of the 2nd dose of prazipro time. The water is a little cloudy. Big airstone running all the time.

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. Blenny is still flashing, though seems less frequent. Stringy brown poop is still there. I'm trying to get him to eat more algae/veggie based food. Any suggestions? I'm hoping he's just a little blocked up. I read on a freshwater site that peas are great for that.
Cupramine is still on its way as well as Metro & Focus just in case
Saturday will be the next water change and the end of the 2nd dose of prazipro time. The water is a little cloudy. Big airstone running all the time.
Another question:

Now that I have Cupramine and the Metro/Focus combo, do I use both at the same time? I think I've read some threads saying it's OK and others saying not to use ANYTHING else with copper. I am leaning towards going separate but not sure which to administer first.
Flashing persists as a well as long brown/greenish stringy poop
Any Advice???

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper works in the water, while Metroplex with Focus works inside the fish. They're doing two very different things, in two very different places, and although I'd imagine there's _some_ level of risk, it's probably one of the lower-risk combinations.

There's a pretty comprehensive guide to using common medications concurrently here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/medication-compatibility-guide.313491/#post-3862527

~Bruce

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper works in the water, while Metroplex with Focus works inside the fish. They're doing two very different things, in two very different places, and although I'd imagine there's _some_ level of risk, it's probably one of the lower-risk combinations.

There's a pretty comprehensive guide to using common medications concurrently here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/medication-compatibility-guide.313491/#post-3862527

~Bruce
Thank you Bruce. I started feeding the blenny Metroplex in his food with focus to bind three days ago. I figured I'd wait on the cupramine just to do it separately. I must say this little guy is really cool to watch and he's been out and about all the time the last couple of days. The flashing has been less (that I've noticed), but he still does it every so often. And I was gonna post here that the stringy brown poo stopped but I saw it again this morning. I watch him a lot... more than the display!

If it means anything there was a clear segment in between two brown segments on one long poo. Again thanks for taking the time to reply.

I appreciate the feedback!

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you can see in these photos the poop is greenish brown but it can get longer than the him before breaking off. The third and fourth pics show him hiding in a pvc elbow and his poop is flowing in the current next to him.

COULD it be an internal worm/parasite even if it's NOT white?

I guess time will tell. He's currently eating a mix of spirulina flakes and frozen mysis combined with the Metroplex
20180318_181637.jpg
1521411859085.jpg
1521412121337.jpg
1521412147498.jpg

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again. I have another question. I have two small peices of live rock and a cup of sand in my 20 gallon QT.
So if I'm gonna treat with cupramine should I definitely remove the 2 rocks and sand, or just test once or twice daily?
If so, do I wait and make sure the biofilter is still good before dosing meds?
I'm using a Fluval aquaclear HOB rated for 40-70 gallons with a sponge and seachem matrix in a mesh bag. Will The Matrix absorb copper as well?
Should I pick up some bottled bacteria???

TIA

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also want to update. The Metroplex and Focus mix seems to have worked! No more stringy poo (at least for the past couple days anyhow) and I've seen what I think is normal poop.
Between my fish and my dog (who chewed up and ate a stuffed animal) I have become quite the poop watcher!

I went ahead and started cupramine and left the two small peices of live rock in there. I'll just compulsively test for copper LOL

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting frustrated with the stringy poop watching. It's back now, still brown/green, not/never has been white... and I haven't stopped feeding metro

IS THIS NORMAL for a tailspot??? I just want the little guy to OK!

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And now it's white. So glad I'm still feeding meds. I hope it's getting better. Are there cases of internal worms that are resistant to Metroplex??

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I have read through these. I don't see bennies on the charts but when I asked someone told me they used cupramine on their tailspot and so far I see no side effects from it on mine. I am just amazed at how much and how long this little guy's poop is!

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I have read through these. I don't see bennies on the charts but when I asked someone told me they used cupramine on their tailspot and so far I see no side effects from it on mine. I am just amazed at how much and how long this little guy's poop is!
Just to clarify I'm using Cupramine for symptoms that indicate ich and I'm feeding Metroplex for the long stringy poop. I've already done two rounds of prazipro and a freshwater dip to rule out flukes.

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been administering Metroplex/Focus for about 25 days now. The blenny seemed to be getting better with normal looking feces but today I come home and he's got the longest, whitest poop I've ever seen! Like him and two friends can play jump rope-long! Can anyone tell me what else I can try here after the 30 day mark? My LFS says prazi again even though I administered two rounds in the beginning over a month ago. He said he always does 3 rounds and especially because the Metro isn't working.

Thoughts? I'm also about 2 weeks into Cupramine. He's still flashing on the rock but not nearly as often as when I first got him. TIA!

OP
OP
Snyder1456

Snyder1456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not tryna seem needy or ya know dramatically desperate but.... does anyone see this thread anymore? Or should I start a new one with any new questions on this same subject of my Blenny in QT? I feel like when I first created the thread I got replies like crazy almost right away and now not so much. This is really the first Forum I've ever posted in and I always use my smartphone to view it so when I post a new reply does the thread move back up to the top?

PookieGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snyder,
I wish I had more to offer than what has already been said. I am following your progress to learn something myself. When there is a new reply in a thread, the thread shows up on the main R2R home screen. That is how bumped into your topic.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back