Taking down my 30g want to add fish to my 120 questions

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So want to take down my 30g in it I have 2 clowns, 1 6 line and a scopes tang. Tang someone was just going to get rid of so I took it because I think she was just going to kill it ! So I know 30g is not good....
In my 120 I have a blue throat trigger yellow tang blue head wrasse cleaner wrasse flame hawk and 3 lyretail damsels.
Can I add the 30g fish to the 120?
The clowns are good the scopas is a no I think because I have the yellow tang what about the 6 line ?
Oh the bluehead and cleaner wrasse are quite larger then the 6 line
Thanks

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll comment on the tangs. Multiple Zebrasomes are always with caution. The larger the tank, the more hiding places, the better chance of them getting along. If this is a four foot 120, I'd say it's a bigger crapshoot. I have a five foot tank and have two Zebrasomes (Purple and Scopus). On occasion there is a little chase, but otherwise they feed together at the algae clip. You might want to start by hanging a mirror in the tank and see how the yellow responds....and keep the mirror for a while after adding the Scopus to distract the yellow while the scopus settles in.

I'll leave multiple wrasses to those that know better.

#reefsquad

OP
OP
rockdiver

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya thats what I thought also and why it's in the 30 but I was worried what the other person was going to do with it so I took it.
Thanks

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rehome the 6 lone wrasse. It's just not a good idea with any other wrasses, even in a large tank.

The yellow and scopas is risky too, I agree. It might work. In a 4 foot 120, I don't like the chances. 6 foot would be better odds.

tailoftwogobies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would rehome the 6 lone wrasse. It's just not a good idea with any other wrasses, even in a large tank.

The yellow and scopas is risky too, I agree. It might work. In a 4 foot 120, I don't like the chances. 6 foot would be better odds.
six line wrasses are such a gamble. i know people who have had great luck but we have not.. ours was nasty, such a bully.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back