Taking my frag system down - tons of equipment and coral for sale!

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi,
I am starting a major down-sizing project and I will have a ton of stuff for sale over the coming weeks. I am going to keep my 120g as a display, but I am taking my frag rack system down (also for sale). Ultimately, I just don't have the time for it right now and won't for the foreseeable future. I am going to start by listing this stuff locally and after the holidays I will post elsewhere.

Drygoods:
-Hydor Koralia #4 (old, non controllable, works great) - $15

-Several Reeflo Dart pumps (all need seals and have surface rust, but seals are only $15. Based on condition these would be great for an aquaculture setup or in a garage or something, but they do work) - $50 each

-(2) Evergrow (same as Reefbreeders) IT2040 model LED full spectrum electronically controllable / dimmable lights. These things work awesome. Pics available. Both look brand new and still have original boxes. - $220 each; $400 for pair.

-30g Breeder std. size tank, some silicone from old baffles still on glass, holds water 100%, used as temporary quarantine at times - $30

-Frag rack system: (1) 48"x24"x"12" tank, 65g x-wide, (1) 48"x"24"x8" tank, 40g x-wide, both with glass overflows and drilled with bulkheads, both euro-braced, no cross brace in middle, standard glass tanks; finish grade hardwood ply (stained light birch color) over 2x4 structure, stacking design, taller tank over shorter tank, three sets of double doors (to access top of both tanks and another set for sump). hinges are rusted and there are some water stains, but the stand is overall perfectly functional. The tanks alone would be $646 plus shipping new, and building a stand would be $200 easily. I will take $450.

-(2) Galaxy 150/175w electronic Metal Halide ballasts - $50 each

-assortment of 150w DE, 175w SE, 250w SE, 400w SE used MH bulbs - $5-10 each depending on use; all are functional and less than one year burn.

Livegoods:

-zoas and palys - unknown assortment of different ones, many nice ones that I have sold for much more - 10 polyps for $10

-XL Pink Sinularia leather - 12" across when open - $50

-large rock of Cinnamon palys (large size paly type), prob. 30 polyps, not sure - $20

-Acan Echinata colony- 6" multi color, has been shaded so colors aren't great now, but can be very impressive, had it for 5 years or so - $50

-6" deresa clam - $30

-Eye of Rah zoas - 10 for $20

-Flame Skirt zoas - 10 for $20

-blue palys - 10 for $20

-Black hole sun zoas - 10 for $20

- (2)Tyree Aquascene Goldeneye chalice frag, 1" circle, multiple eyes, fully healed and growing - $50 each

-chunks of metallic star polyps - $10

-6" multi branch pink sinularia - $20

***-10 frag grab bag - I'll give you an assortment of various corals: tonga mushrooms, zoas, palys, polyps, leathers, candy cane, who knows what else; random selection - 10 frags for $50 ***

-cured live rock from tanks - $3/lb
-dry base rock, fully cured and then dried, mix of pukani, vanuatu, tonga branch, shelf, original fiji, who knows what else - $2/lb

Last but not least:
I can't guarantee a timeline, but once the majority of this stuff is gone and I actually go to tear down the tanks I will undoubtedly have a ton of little frags that get broken, left behind, too small to sell, whatever. If you want to be the guy or gal to get over to my place when this happens it is all FREE. You will need to bring your own bags, boxes, whatever, but I envision someone ending up with dozens of free frags that I won't have any use for. I am just looking to set something up with someone in advance so I don't have to throw a bunch of worthwhile corals in the woods.

Thanks everyone!
Ed

P.S. If you see this post and I haven't yet listed this stuff elsewhere....Yes, I will ship anywhere, we just need to discuss shipping costs.

lionfish5740

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My cash is tight with the holidays and tuition right around the corner. I'll be interested after I spend that small fortune in Jan and certainly be willing to be on the list of free frags, plz don't toss them in the woods lol. Just hope I remember now to check back with you next month. Feel free to remind me!

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any pics of this?

-Frag rack system: (1) 48"x24"x"12" tank, 65g x-wide, (1) 48"x"24"x8" tank, 40g x-wide, both with glass overflows and drilled with bulkheads, both euro-braced, no cross brace in middle, standard glass tanks; finish grade hardwood ply (stained light birch color) over 2x4 structure, stacking design, taller tank over shorter tank, three sets of double doors (to access top of both tanks and another set for sump). hinges are rusted and there are some water stains, but the stand is overall perfectly functional. The tanks alone would be $646 plus shipping new, and building a stand would be $200 easily. I will take $450.

thx

OP
OP
acro-ed

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys,
I wish I had replied to these posts sooner; I thought I had my account here setup to email me if somoeone posted in the thread, but evidently that was not the case.

The Evergrow lights sold pretty much right away.

The frag tanks/rack I can definitely take a picture of, please just PM me or email me. I've had some good interest, but no one has actually come over to do the deal.

The clam and most of the corals are gone. There are still quite a few zoas/palys left and a couple pink sinularia leathers, star polyps, and maybe a couple others. I am definitely tapped out on the "10 corals for $50" deal, though that certainly helped to thin things out.

I have also decided to sell my Blue Regal tang (about 6-7" and extremely fat and healthy) from my 120g; I'm thinking $60 is fair. I've had it for several years now, and it came from another local reefer prior to that. It has been captive raised since it was a little thumbnail sized fish. PM me if interested.

Thanks,
Ed

Chelle's Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The frag rack system - in the garage? Oh man! I can vouch is an AWESOME set up !
Wish I had the extra space to set it up here, :) It was such a cool system to see.
Xenia paradise the last time I saw it, lol