Talk Reef Tuesday!!!

ReefGeekSergio24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyy guys anybody have anything on there mind? Any questions?? I doo has anybody ever feed blood worms to a Bubble Tip before? I've been feeding so far a mix diet of scallop, brine shrimp, and shrimp? Anybody have a nice recipe to give me? TALKKKKK & CONNECT & STOP BEING Anti-social!!!! HAPPYY REEFINGGG

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious y u r feeding it. Feeding often results in splitting and have 2 in a 15 gallon would be hard to manage, imo

OP
OP
ReefGeekSergio24

ReefGeekSergio24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to say when I first got my bta only thing I ever fed it was chopped shrimp
I was reading that smaller anenome, need more frequent feedingings then larger ones, do you have any input on that @JustAnt?? How many time a week or month do you feed your BTA? You right about have two anenome thoe , that would be bad business lol

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefGeekSergio24 I have 2 (bc of splitting). The mother is 3 yo. I fed it when In first few months I got it but it was growing too fast. I learned they don’t need to b fed under the right lighting and if they r hosting clowns which mine r, the some clowns feed it.

Bottom line I haven’t fed the mother in 21/2 yrs and never fed the second. Both r healthy. The mother is now the size of a dinner plate!

OP
OP
ReefGeekSergio24

ReefGeekSergio24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefGeekSergio24 I have 2 (bc of splitting). The mother is 3 yo. I fed it when In first few months I got it but it was growing too fast. I learned they don’t need to b fed under the right lighting and if they r hosting clowns which mine r, the some clowns feed it.

Bottom line I haven’t fed the mother in 21/2 yrs and never fed the second. Both r healthy. The mother is now the size of a dinner plate!
Sounds like some good information, I will hold off feeding and see how the bta reacts , I'm guessing hes happy for now on his placement hes hasnt moved in a little over more then two months. .. this should be interesting watch,

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefGeekSergio24

Read this write up on anemone feeding

OP
OP
ReefGeekSergio24

ReefGeekSergio24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefGeekSergio24

Read this write up on anemone feeding
Very interesting article , thanks alot for sharing this information @JustAnt this was very helpful and educational!! Thanks brother

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back