Talk to me about your experience with large angels and nems please :)

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, curious on experiences with large angels and bubble tips in particular. It has been over 10 years since I have kept a large angel, and those days were FOWLR.
I would like another Emperor, my tanks have hundreds of RBTA's in them and would rather not see them all eaten. I imagine responses will be mixed, but please tell me about your luck with keeping large angels with nems. Thanks :)

Shufflepig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an emperor and a majestic with 12 rbtas and I’ve never seen either angel touch them. Can’t put a Zoa or acan in the tank but they don’t touch my Euphyllia or sps.

Fishnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Majestic with a BTA for a few years with no issues then one day it tore it to pieces. Wasn’t eating it just ripping it apart.

Terry Le

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have large Emperor five plus years with RTBA no problem. Just no Zoas, Acans and RFA

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the individual fish, and the type of anemone. To me BTA are just large majano and I do not keep them. My emperor does not go anywhere close to my magnifica. Partly beacause it’s unclear which would eat which; plus the clowns don’t let any fish get too close. My emperor does eat aiptasia and majano, so it would likely see small BTA as edible also.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back