Tampa Bay Saltwater is Rocking and Rolling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A quick update on what we've been up to:

IMG_9381.jpg

First container of Walt Smith Fijian-made rock arrives to the warehouse.

IMG_9448.jpg
Transporting these to the farm.

IMG_9387.jpg

A nice variety of shapes and sizes...

IMG_9412.jpg

Flying arches...
then organized on the bottom with care by @LiveRockLyon and @RockShark.

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Surprised about the Walt Smith concrete clunks. Couldn't wait to get rid of mine.
Hiya LRT,
TBS has a variety of ocean aquacultured live rock: both natural and man-made.
Some folks prefer quarried rock and some prefer the benefits of man-made, so we have both. As you may know, Richard Londeree (TBS founder), has deposited millions of pounds of Bahamian coral rock on the site, which is mature and beautiful...and not to mention, vintage Pukani.
We are a supplier of aqua cultured Walt Smith rock: it's not only reef friendly, easy to stack and light weight, but it grows & houses beneficial organisms wonderfully!
I agree with you that a dry piece of cement is not attractive. However, when WS rock has soaked in the Gulf a few months, it is transformed! All sorts of critters, macro-algaes, sponges, barnacles and corals cling to it...so much that you won't recognize it as man-made.
Sea-ya...

sbreefco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya LRT,
Some folks prefer quarried rock and some prefer the benefits of man-made, so we have both. As you may know, Richard Londeree (TBS founder), has deposited millions of pounds of Bahamian coral rock on the site, which is mature and beautiful...and not to mention, vintage Pukani.
We are a supplier of aqua cultured Walt Smith rock: it's not only reef friendly, easy to stack and light weight, but it grows & houses beneficial organisms wonderfully!
I agree with you that a dry piece of cement is not attractive. However, when WS rock has soaked in the Gulf a few months, it is transformed! All sorts of critters, macro-algaes, sponges, barnacles and corals cling to it...so much that you won't recognize it as man-made.
Sea-ya...
@liverock has been dishonest with you.

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

Flying arches...
Will you be offering shipping to canada?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya LRT,
Sea-ya...
good to see you guys rocking and rolling!
glad Richard get to retire.
Nice to hear you have a good mix I got some a few years ago maybe 4 years ago now? the life was amazing but they where heavy boulders. I am looking to start a new set up this fall be nice to see what you have.
good luck best wishes!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9448.jpg

IMG_9387.jpg

IMG_9412.jpg

Flying arches...

I hope the rocks did not hit them on the head! LOL
talk about work hazards :p what would OSHA say about this. haha

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya LRT,
Sea-ya...
Hey thanks for the response here but
I have to politely agree to disagree with most of what you said here as far as Walt Smith rock goes..
I flew in a bunch direct last year that I was told had soaked at least 2 years before before harvested.
There really isn't much difference in look, texture or sizes etc. Its the same lifeless Walt Smith chunks of concrete rock that my Petco sells. At least appears to be.
You either get bigger or smaller pieces but pretty much all looks the same.
Having said that. I'd imagine not much more growing on it other than algae after 3 months No?
Granted you dont plan on selling it with 3 month soak do you?
I love my premo Gulf Rock i got from gulfliverock.com. Came with 7" rfa, tons of bivalves, rose corals, shrooms, 2.5' gorgonian, etc.
So totally agree at least the Walt Smith will be better coming from you after a really good soak that allows growth like that to happen.

Back