Tampa Bay Saltwater News update!

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

Posting to clear up a lot of misinformation regarding Tampa Bay Saltwater and current events.

I had the wonderful opportunity of being a pioneer in the aqua cultured live rock industry here in Florida. I received the first and only five acre lease for aquaculture of live here in the State of Florida off the west coast of Florida almost forty years ago.

I was a real pleasure taking this new industry to you folks and supply the finest quality of live rock on the planet. It was for sure a wild ride, and I would not change anything that transpired in these forty years.

With the state of affairs we are all facing, and the fact that we are old and fat, 68 and 71 years old I have decided it is time for somebody else to take over the live rock lease and website. It will take a special person to step in and do as I did, and supply the finest live rock, sand and inverts on the planet. There is nothing easy about being a live rock farmer, but to me there would be no other occupation that would be as satisfying and rewarding as this was for me.

And thanks to Rev for putting up with me and posts that were on the edge of his rules, and I greatly appreciate that.

This would be a great opportunity for someone who is young, lives in the Tampa area and has adequate boat and facility to make this happen. I did it by myself for many years and it was very rewarding. This is a lifetime lease with the state that is renewable and transferable every ten years.

I used to think as I was anchoring up off shore when diving on my lease getting ready to jump in and get a load of rock, that I was very lucky to be out on the ocean living the dream, and not at a desk looking at a computer screen.

Many thanks to the thousands of customers I had over the last forty years, and and thanks for the support and understanding in these troubling times for all of us.

Most of all, be safe and please be kind and respectful of others.

Many Thanks for all the Years!! Could not have asked for more of my working life or a better occupation.

Peace

Richard TBS

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! You can do whatever you want....I was an oceanography major in school...then geology...then electronics...last semester of school 1971 my dad let me drive his VW bug from Sacramento to Key west....guess what...the rest is history! Life takes you on interesting paths....follow them if they are interesting to you!

see ya
Richard TBS

Lemon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.

Posting to clear up a lot of misinformation regarding Tampa Bay Saltwater and current events.

I had the wonderful opportunity of being a pioneer in the aqua cultured live rock industry here in Florida. I received the first and only five acre lease for aquaculture of live here in the State of Florida off the west coast of Florida almost forty years ago.

I was a real pleasure taking this new industry to you folks and supply the finest quality of live rock on the planet. It was for sure a wild ride, and I would not change anything that transpired in these forty years.

With the state of affairs we are all facing, and the fact that we are old and fat, 68 and 71 years old I have decided it is time for somebody else to take over the live rock lease and website. It will take a special person to step in and do as I did, and supply the finest live rock, sand and inverts on the planet. There is nothing easy about being a live rock farmer, but to me there would be no other occupation that would be as satisfying and rewarding as this was for me.

And thanks to Rev for putting up with me and posts that were on the edge of his rules, and I greatly appreciate that.

This would be a great opportunity for someone who is young, lives in the Tampa area and has adequate boat and facility to make this happen. I did it by myself for many years and it was very rewarding. This is a lifetime lease with the state that is renewable and transferable every ten years.

I used to think as I was anchoring up off shore when diving on my lease getting ready to jump in and get a load of rock, that I was very lucky to be out on the ocean living the dream, and not at a desk looking at a computer screen.

Many thanks to the thousands of customers I had over the last forty years, and and thanks for the support and understanding in these troubling times for all of us.

Most of all, be safe and please be kind and respectful of others.

Many Thanks for all the Years!! Could not have asked for more of my working life or a better occupation.

Peace

Richard TBS
congratulations on retiring I think?

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending the love from Tahoe Richard. Love the rock I got from you. That’s real live rock. Top notch customer service and product. You should be very proud of the impact you’ve had on the hobby. Best of luck in whatever adventures are in store for you.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! You can do whatever you want....I was an oceanography major in school...then geology...then electronics...last semester of school 1971 my dad let me drive his VW bug from Sacramento to Key west....guess what...the rest is history! Life takes you on interesting paths....follow them if they are interesting to you!

see ya
Richard TBS
Still have the Bug?

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish....was a 1965 we bought in Germany...new....$1400 ...from the dealer ......but wish I really had the 1953 with the dual rear windows...flop out turn signals...no gas gauge..that we got first when we got there......Dad ..drove it everyday from Belgium though Luxembourg...then into France...he went to work and I went to school...at Etain AFB...was the US last base in France before they booted us out. long time ago... https://www.tbsaltwater.com/about/tbs1.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thaxxx

Well-Known Member​

JoinedDec 15, 2018Messages791Reaction score1,222LocationCentral Florida
Thanks for your service to the reefing hobby Richard.
I got my first rock from you in the early 90's. I live about 2 hrs. North of you and hand picked my rock.
Best wishes and health in your retirement.

I remember you .....lol.....jk ..was in our history period of having a huge facility right on Hillsborough ave. next to the post office. Was a time where I was like 1/2 of the way through this adventure. Had a four thousand foot place......busiest road in Tampa......got lucky and was able to buy it as Hillsborough ave was under a two year reconstruction at the time....Turned out it was ok for locals...but I was like 90% ship out of state.....taxes...insurance.....licenses...got crazy...transition to ...internet platform was a no brainer. :)

OP
OP
liverock

liverock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sale is for the lifetime lease and the website. watch this video...and you will know what you need..

sea ya

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Geez- firstly congrats on retirement and Im a tad over a year of relocating to doral in Miami Beach area and this I would love to do.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any live rock leftover to sell/For sale ?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just a little too late, as I was one of the unfortunate ones that had an order pending. If you guys feel like doing a happy retirement - get rid of inventory sale, we're happy to drive up. I've spread the word to those that I know in the area that scuba. Personally, I have asthma.... no chance you'll ever get me under the water. (Hence why I bring the fish to me.)
I have read your stories and it has been an absolute pleasure. You have been a pioneer. Your mark on the industry will last for generations. To that, I say a very sincere thank you.
God bless and hopes that someone is smart enough to jump in (pun intended) and pick up where you are passing the baton.... we'll be here to support them.

Back