Tampa Bay Saltwater

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where to post this so will give this forum a shot.....has anyone received a delivery from TBS recently? I know Richard has struggled to find suitable days to get out on the water with weather, etc. so I am sure they are extremely busy with the favorable conditions we have had lately. I have tried to contact them by phone and email several times this week just to check on status of my order, but have not heard back. Really looking forward to receiving the rock, have my tank ready to go...but no communication has me concerned. I am willing to wait patiently but just looking for some idea of if I am looking at days, weeks, several weeks?? Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who has received the rock recently and get your impressions. Thanks!

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@liverock He's relatively active on here. I personally haven't ordered from him, but can't remember ever seeing a bad review. Toughest part of today's world of next day Prime shipping and giant businesses running everything is skewed expectations. Have to reset those when considering one man shops.

OP
OP
M

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@liverock He's relatively active on here. I personally haven't ordered from him, but can't remember ever seeing a bad review. Toughest part of today's world of next day Prime shipping and giant businesses running everything is skewed expectations. Have to reset those when considering one man shops.
Understand completely what you are saying. Am very willing to be patient and Richard has been great to deal with so far. I am only asking for a simple quick return email is all just to set my expectations on timing. Not trying to be unreasonable. Thanks for the feedback!

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miata where did you see that?
Can't find the thread at the moment - it was getting derailed by the conspiracy theory nuts - so may be being moderated.

Anyways - this thread has someone who got an email this AM from TBS that their order was being cancelled and they were no longer accepting orders or shipping orders (although, TBS website still seems to be working - so who knows)>

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thread got deleted because it went off the rails immediately with COVID19 comments. I've been waiting to see if a replacement thread gets posted but have yet to see one.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently they are not shipping due to some circumstances, lets just hope them good fortunes and that they are able to start shipping again in the not to distant future. :)

OP
OP
M

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have known Richard for > 20 years. I suspect he has more problems than you have.

This is a bad time of year to dive for live rock. If time is critical, try Gulf Live Rock.

Agree. As I have stated he has been great to work with, and I wish him the very best. Will look at GLR. Thanks.

sherb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure where to post this so will give this forum a shot.....has anyone received a delivery from TBS recently? I know Richard has struggled to find suitable days to get out on the water with weather, etc. so I am sure they are extremely busy with the favorable conditions we have had lately. I have tried to contact them by phone and email several times this week just to check on status of my order, but have not heard back. Really looking forward to receiving the rock, have my tank ready to go...but no communication has me concerned. I am willing to wait patiently but just looking for some idea of if I am looking at days, weeks, several weeks?? Anyway, would love to hear from anyone who has received the rock recently and get your impressions. Thanks!

As others mentioned, TBS posted a note on R2R yesterday morning; the thread went sideways and the mods deleted it. (I wish they'd cleaned it up and locked it, but what can you do.) However, TBS also posted the same message on reefcentral.com (and maybe other sites they sponsor). You can read it yourself here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2711732

I emailed TBS yesterday morning to check the status of my order and got the same message, presumably from an automated system. I hope Richard and crew are okay. I can wait.

Hailepo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting about 7 weeks now for my rock and emailed them today and got the auto-responses. I emailed the main address trying to understand if it was a temporary or permanent thing. Looks permanent based upon his response. I was all set to go with his ”package” and now I’ve got to figure out a new path. Also hope they are ok....

From TBS:
Mike

Covid has killed us....it is over.....

Sea ya

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I reached out to Richard back in September as I was trying to source some LR and LS. Since I'm in Orlando I asked if I could do local pickup. He said to place the order, add a note for local pickup and Deb would take care of it. Should had place that order back then...

Wish him and the team the best and hope is temporary.

sherb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been waiting about 7 weeks now for my rock and emailed them today and got the auto-responses. I emailed the main address trying to understand if it was a temporary or permanent thing. Looks permanent based upon his response. I was all set to go with his ”package” and now I’ve got to figure out a new path. Also hope they are ok....

From TBS:
Mike

Covid has killed us....it is over.....

Sea ya

Oh no! This is terrible news. Thanks for sharing, @Hailepo.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just emailed Debbie directly. The response was the same canned answer but it then added that her email was no longer being monitored. The response overall is very cryptic. As we all are, I will keep them in my prayers and hope that no one has perished due to the virus. They have worked so hard, it would be heartbreaking to see them lose their life and livelihood.

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my order from them back in August. The “package” I got is amazing. I would not start another tank without getting rocks from them.
I really hope Richard and Deb are ok.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back