Tang gang suggestions for 210g

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 210g (72"lx24"dx30"h) and working on my stock list. The tank will be lps/softie with a focus on Tangs. I would like to setup a gang of 5 maybe 6 if I can do it. I currently have 1 Tiny 2" Naso and 1 5" Purple currently. They are in a 75 while I get the 210 up and cycled. I have another 75 and I want to get the other tangs all at once and housed in that 75 until I introduce them all at once to the 210. What would you guys recommend for the other gang members and other fish that would go well with them? I also have a pair of Golden Lightning Maroon Clowns as well. Heavy mechanical and biological filtration in sump to support a heavy bioload.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 210g (72"lx24"dx30"h) and working on my stock list. The tank will be lps/softie with a focus on Tangs. I would like to setup a gang of 5 maybe 6 if I can do it. I currently have 1 Tiny 2" Naso and 1 5" Purple currently. They are in a 75 while I get the 210 up and cycled. I have another 75 and I want to get the other tangs all at once and housed in that 75 until I introduce them all at once to the 210. What would you guys recommend for the other gang members and other fish that would go well with them? I also have a pair of Golden Lightning Maroon Clowns as well. Heavy mechanical and biological filtration in sump to support a heavy bioload.
Ideally for larger tangs you would’ve wanted the 30 inch in depth instead of height. Tangs don’t use height as much as they do width.
I would personally do;
Gold Rim Tang (Acanthurus nigricans) or Achilles x Nigricans Hybrid as the show piece
White Tail or Twin Spot (Ctenochaetus flavicauda or binotatus) Bristletooth Tangs as the work horse of the gang

And to top it off, I’d go for an Orange Shoulder Tang (Acanthurus olivasceus) for the change in colours from juvenile to adult. Be warned that this is a large tang that can hit 1’ long in captivity and may need a wider tank in the future.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back