Tang stocking for 167 gallon tank

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello r2r,

I am going to be upgrading from my 75 gallon to a 167 gallon in a few month. Currently the only fish going into the new tank is my white bristletooth tang (Ctenochaetus flavicauda) and paired clownfish.

I plan on adding a purple tang and a orangeshoulder and calling it a day. Anyone have experience with these guys together?

Thanks!

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello r2r,

I am going to be upgrading from my 75 gallon to a 167 gallon in a few month. Currently the only fish going into the new tank is my white bristletooth tang (Ctenochaetus flavicauda) and paired clownfish.

I plan on adding a purple tang and a orangeshoulder and calling it a day. Anyone have experience with these guys together?

Thanks!
I’ve had a purple and an orange shoulder together for a couple years with zero issues.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome good to hear, I’ll stock some other fish as well but that’s it for tangs
I have a Purple Tang, Tomini Tang and Regal Tang together in a similar sized tank with no issues. There's a Foxface Rabbit in as well- all getting along just fine :)

I did introduce the tangs at the same time, all juveniles at the time..

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Purple Tang, Tomini Tang and Regal Tang together in a similar sized tank with no issues. There's a Foxface Rabbit in as well- all getting along just fine :)

I did introduce the tangs at the same time, all juveniles at the time..
Nice love the regals as well. I’m going to purchase the orange and purple at the same time if I can. I’m hoping since the bristle is being moved to a new tank that should “reset” it’s territory but I have a big time out box if he’s a jerk

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice love the regals as well. I’m going to purchase the orange and purple at the same time if I can. I’m hoping since the bristle is being moved to a new tank that should “reset” it’s territory but I have a big time out box if he’s a jerk
I was waiting quite a while for mine, I told my LFS that I wanted them all at the same time- so it was a bit of a puzzle with the supplier here in the UK.

It all worked out just fine in the end, and I didn't mind waiting to do it right :)

Best of luck!

OP
OP
K

Krad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All my LFS have a ton of purples and no yellows haha what a world. I remember paying 50 bucks for a yellow years ago

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my LFS have a ton of purples and no yellows haha what a world. I remember paying 50 bucks for a yellow years ago
Now, this is a matter or opinion but I feel the yellow tang is slightly overrated! ;) Someone will definitely kick me for saying this, but there are manyZebrasoma's I prefer better..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back