Tang Suggestions for 4ft 165 gallon tank.

OP
OP
D

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. He dines out on Atlantic Dulse (which I'm certain you must have in Ireland as well), Nori sheets and my own frozen pulse blended frozen mix of Scallop, Mussel, Shrimp and clam. All wild caught except the mussels which are rope grown here next to the salmon farms.
Here is ancient 'Deuce' name being our 2nd YT ....he has always been nice and fat.
Beautiful fish my friend. Interesting that u feed Atlantic dulse. Might get a pack and feed my rabbitfish. I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish my friend. Interesting that u feed Atlantic dulse. Might get a pack and feed my rabbitfish. I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

That is interesting, no idea what it was until I googled. It looks very similar to the purple algae two little fishies sell at a fraction of the cost!

OP
OP
D

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is interesting, no idea what it was until I googled. It looks very similar to the purple algae two little fishies sell at a fraction of the cost!
Hi AJsReef, yeh it's pretty interesting. There are a few websites that sell all kinds of different algae such as dulse, kelp and wakame. Never knew there were other alternatives to nori. Might be interesting to try a few of these out.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AJsReef, yeh it's pretty interesting. There are a few websites that sell all kinds of different algae such as dulse, kelp and wakame. Never knew there were other alternatives to nori. Might be interesting to try a few of these out.

Agreed, Tangs are my favorite and I've had a few for almost 10 years. Time to spice up their diet haha

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup and Julian Sprungs purple. Easily half the price and essentially the same stuff imo....whoops strike that, just looked and Sprungs is Two Little Fishes lol!

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, Tangs are my favorite and I've had a few for almost 10 years. Time to spice up their diet haha
I find when I break up the Dulse in smaller pieces and float it, the YT is more interested. Not sure why? Maybe the thicker consistency in terms of their teeth tearing it apart? I also ensure it's well sealed in a good zip lock otherwise it will get rather dried out and rigid quickly.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find when I break up the Dulse in smaller pieces and float it, the YT is more interested. Not sure why? Maybe the thicker consistency in terms of their teeth tearing it apart? I also ensure it's well sealed in a good zip lock otherwise it will get rather dried out and rigid quickly.

Will do thanks, I saw its available in flakes too. Maybe I'll try both?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back