Tang with big "pimple" on forehead

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a real nice lady who comes to my work has a Vlamingi Tang with what looks like a big white headed zit on its forehead. I am pretty sure that it is some sort of parasite, although from her pictures I can't tell what. The fish is acting normal, but I told her that I would ask around for her so here it is. #reefsquad @melypr1985 @eatbreakfast @Humblefish
VlagTang2.jpg
VlagTang1.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly, I’m not as well versed with Unicorn tangs but that looks like the start of any horn on a unicorn tang.

mmarro99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no expert but I haven't see a unicorn species with blue spots on his face only vlamangi and I've never seen a vlamangi with a horn and especially not a unicorn with a white horn. Honestly personally I'd catch em and take a closer look with some tweezers in case it is a parasite. Might just be on the perfect spot out of coincidence. Maybe its a super smart parasite lol

oceanfreak09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I put the blacks spots on the pic by accident.trying to save the pic from google.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's more likely some sort of parasite. A worm maybe. I think I would try a freshwater dip to see if it dislodges. And maybe follow-up with a round of prazipro and/or general cure (GC either bound to food with focus, or in QT)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that i see this on a non-mobile device it has the shape and color of a juvenile Vlamingi and that's an odd coincidence of location. I feel like I didn't look that closely on first glance. Ngoodermuth has the right idea ^^

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, as I said in the initial post, I am pretty sure it is a parasite and not a crazy hybrid growing a unicorn horn. The positioning does indeed make that a funny gesture though.

Thanks for the replys

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MetaKnight101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL, that is what I initially said to her.... Are you sure it isn't just growing a unicorn horn ;)
Even if it was a unicorn horn it seems to be off center of the head and growing on the eye lol but I suspect it isn’t a horn.

Back