Tangs in copper power going on vacation need next step adviceI’m leaving for

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three tangs are left in my qt. They have been in copper for 3 weeks. However they have been in copper power at at 1.49 for 3 days and after my Hanna showed up they have been at 1.76 for 10 days. Total 13 days in copper power. I was using cupramine until copperpower was delivered. I was Ramping up for five days and did a 100% water change and went with copper power once it was delivered.

My question is what is my next step? One of my yellows is separated from the other two. He is not eating and was getting picked on. He does not like copper. These fish were in for three weeks prior for observation. At that point I feel they had velvet or ich. They ate like pigs. I have already lost one yellow after starting copper. My other two are still eating like pigs. So I’m leaving on vacation for six days and I’m worried about the little yellow tang not eating.

Should I set up a new qt for him with fresh water no copper?
Should I put all fish in a fresh qt no copper and treat with something else, as my sail fin looks like he has something on his pictorial fins.
Let the tank roll with copper and add something else? Until I get back.

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you upload a pic of the sailfin?

If you have aggression that may be why the fish isn't eating. I will let @4FordFamily elaborate on that. Having only zebrasoma tangs in tight quarters may be the issue. I suspect it to be a large part of your problem since it sounds like the smaller one is being ganged up on. You can try putting egg crate in for dividers and see if that helps.

I would stay on course with copper if you suspect you had ich or velvet present.

OP
OP
Skynyrd Fish

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dividers been in for a week. He was holding his own. These guys are small 2”. When the lights kick on I’ll grab a pic. Thank you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 80.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.1%
Back